| One | Been About You

|One | Been About You

       Joel In Media 😍😍

Christian

The crowded hallway seemed to pause almost whenever I would catch his attention to talk to him. I had known him for years now and for eternity in the little world he could take me to in my mind. I felt as though whenever he took the time to approach and speak to me, it was somehow his little way of giving me the attention I so desperately craved by other boys but never got.

As if he was doing me a favor because I was gay.

And though I know that he would never think that, he unknowingly was. Because it seemed near impossible for someone as attractive as him to even want to have a conversation with me though I was ugly by no means. My constant flirtations and his responses to those are what drove me. What drives me.

To this day, I can't seem to wrap my head around the idea that "Maybe he doesn't like you" or "Maybe you're just over thinking normal conversation" . So many possibilities to think about and consider.

"I'm dead serious Christian bruh, quit touching my ass." Joel groaned annoyed, only half serious as he always is, smiling as I watched him walked down the first of two flights of steps to the first level of our school building.

"It's just fat for no reason." I laughed.

"Quit all that." He rolled his eyes and groaned.

"I can't help it. You know I like big booty's." I laughed again as he shook his head laughing with me. I finished watching him walk down the steps and turned around, only to be scooped on my arm by Shae. Her manly ass could drag me through this school if she wanted to. She gave her classic look that always let's me know that she either seen something or knows something I don't. Neither of the two are good.

"Wassup." I say as she pulls me into the corner we religiously stand at everyday. She put her back against the wall and crossed her arms as she looked at me.

     "I'm tired of you and Joel always flirting in the hallway."

"I'm not flirting with him."

      "It's so clear and obvious though!" She insisted, "People are starting to wonder."

I chuckled at her assumption without denying my attraction to Joel, which I guess wouldn't make it an assumption but a fact. "He likes Tiara. I'm not fooling with that."

"And when he's not talking to her, who's he talking to?"

    I huffed. She's annoying when it comes to people I like. I should've never told her that I even remotely liked Joel. We had been texting and hanging out all summer long. He's literally the only person I've come out to. Though others may know, or make small guesses, he's the only one I've told directly.  I can't even remember speaking to another boy, well, that's not including Von, but that's neither here nor there so I can very easily call him my best friend.

"He's not gay Shae, leave it alone." I walked away first, making Shae following me.

    "I just think you should either go after him or leave it alone before your heart gets broken." She said not to far behind. She said some other things but I wasn't paying attention as I didn't want to. The bell for our next class soon followed.