Chapter 5

(Catalina)
I woke up buried underneath my sheets the sun peeking from my old blinds making me squint and grumble getting out of bed rubbing my tired eyes. I yawned and I stepped into the shower trying to get as much warm water as I could before it would turn to freezing temperature.

I thought of the wonderful date last night brushing my fingertips over my cheekbones where his lips once were. I smiled and blushed at the idea of actually being with someone like him rich and with a happy life. I slipped on my clothes and brushed my mane of curls before feeding shadow as he meowed at my feet.

"Mommy will be back soon" I say and I smile leaving him to eat as I walked down to the cafe. As I walked in my eye widened at the sight. Cristo and Stefano were talking and laughing sitting at the table together looking like old pals.

I gave a look at Cristo like he was crazy as I sat down in between both of them. I have never felt more awkward in my entire life. Stefano looked over and took my hand and kissed it gently.

"Cristo and I were just talking about you" he said in that fucking beautiful voice it almost made me forget my irritation. Almost.
"I didn't know you two knew each other how convenient." I say and give a grin at Cristo it I had my deadly eyes on. He immediately gulped and got up. "I'll make your coffee and get you a pastry Cat." He said leaving the awkward tension to just me and Stefano.

"So how'd you two meet?" I ask Stefano seeing him smirk showing off a dimple under his stubbly jaw. I looked him up and down seeing he always wore some kind of suit that was more expensive than my bills added together.

"He used to work for me before he took over this coffee shop" he spoke leaning in closer so only I could hear him.

"You smell good enough to eat" he said huskily making my cheeks turn red as I stared into his dark eyes. "I think it's just the pastries" I say as Cristo comes back just as Stefano's hand touching my thigh gently stroking circles along my kneecap as we sat my body tensing up at his soft and slow pattern. I looked over at him wishing he would stop as I sipped my coffee trying to act calm and collected not wanting to cause a scene.

"I'll let you two talk alone" Cristo says winking at me before tending to the daily customers that came in sending waves of cod air through the store.
"Another date" he tells me as i set down my coffee and slapped his hand off my thigh.
"Why should I?" I ask crossing my arms leaning back in my seat to get a better view of him.
"Wasn't the first one good? I want to treat you better. Not just a dinner spend a whole day with me spend the night I want to know you" he said softly and I looked away my heart know beating faster.

"Okay I'll admit the first date was.. Nice but that doesn't mean I'll just spend the night" I say rolling my eyes.
"I don't like where you live it's not safe and do not roll your eyes at me" he said his voice now stern eyes set jaw locked. Fuck he was serious.

"Well I'm sorry I'm not rich like you" I muttered uncrossing my arms and taking a bite of my pastry as he sighed softly. "Please just spend today with me, and if you're not having a good time then I'll take you home. Plus you can't say no" he smiles at the last part which makes me wonder what he has rolled up his expensive black sleeves.

"Why can't I say no?" I ask frowning already.
"Because I called in for your work and told them you were sick with the help of Cristo ofcourse" I turn and glared at Cristo as he waves at me with a goofy look on his face.
"Fine I'll spend the day with you" I muttered softly as Stefano smiled and leaned over kissing the side of my head. "You won't regret it" he said softly and set a twenty dollar bill on the table before extending his hand. "Come Catalina we have a long day ahead of us" he spoke with this mischievous glint in his eyes that made me question myself. Though I had already sealed my fate what else was I supposed to do but join him. I stood up from my chair grabbing my coat and jacket following him out the door into the chilly air wondering what he had planned for us.