18 | Plan A

After a few rides together, we decided to get some snacks before we rode anymore. When we decided on who was going to grab the food, it came down to Gray-sama and I.

Waiting in line together for our order, I couldn't brush away my excitement for this plan to unravel to its greatest potential.

"How's it on your end?" He leaned over.

"I thinks everything is going well." I flinched from his sudden closeness.

"So after this right?" He stood back straight and sighed.

"Yup!" I nodded my head.

They gave us two trays full of bags of chips, sandwiches and pastries. Levy recommended the frozen yogurt, so we ordered two of them.

"Yay! Let's dig in!" Levy shot her arm up in enthusiasm. "Here open, Ahhh" Levy-chan fed a spoon of frozen yogurt into Gajeel's mouth.

"Will you stop that?" Gray-sama made a face of disgust. "Aren't you two, too lovely dovey?"

"Gee-hee." Gajeel grinned, "are we?"

"Hmmm? You jealous?" Levy teased.

I was sitting across from Gray-sama when I was watching them. In the middle was Natsu and Lucy, sitting across from each other as well.
That was when, my stomach made an abnormal noise during the pause of silence. I was hungry.

Gray-sama raised a brow and pushed a tray closer to me and motioned his hand. After I touched the tray and he looked away, his elbow on the table.

"Thank you, Gray-sama." I smiled and I took the sandwich into my hands and took a bite. The inside was layered with turkey, cranberry sauce and lettuce.

"Yum!" I burst out, forgetting that I was with the group.

"Hahaha." Levy laughed and Lucy giggled to my reaction. Even Natsu and Gajeel started to chuckle.
"Good, right?" Natsu pointed out. "It's what I would order."

"Yes..." My voice decreasing in volume as I tried to hide my embarrassment.

Although in the corner of my eye, even though Gray-sama was looking out the door, I witnessed his mouth raised to one side, as if he was smiling too.
•••••••
As we left the cafe, Levy grabbed ahold of Gajeel's arm and pulled him a little down making him bend his knees.

"Gajeel and I are going on our own for now, okay? Levy conveyed to us.

"Yeah, yeah. It was inevitable, wasn't it? Gray-sama agreed and shooed them off.

Now, it was my turn. We planned this but, I was still nervous and I began to sweat.

"Gray-sama." My voice shook, "Gray-sama!" I finally blurted out.

I hugged his back and clung desperately. This is for Lucy-san's sake!

"Gray-sama, let's go by ourselves too!" I exclaimed with what I hoped was cuteness and Lucy's eyes widened with shock.

"Wha...." Lucy slightly giggled at my actions and nodded her head. I could feel like she was rooting me on.

"Why not?" Gray-sama agreed with his ears burning bright red as he covered his face with his hand. This was all going just like we planned.

Gray-sama took me by the hand and my heart jumped even though I knew it was going to happen. I followed along, like those people in the dramas I watch on T.V. Even if it's an act for now, I was extremely overwhelmed and happy.
•••••••
<Lucy>
That escalated quickly.
But I'm glad for Juvia that she was able to get out of her comfort zone, even though I knew she was acting.
However, I suddenly realized that I was alone with Natsu in the end. They caught me in their trap.

Natsu kept staring at me and I hid my hands behind me.

"Why don't we go too?" Natsu asked.

I hesitated, I looked up and sighed.
"Sure..." I agreed.

It was tough on my heart. Even though I really did want to leave, I couldn't just let all their hard work go to waste because of my pettiness. I'll endure it for now.
•••••
<Juvia>
I hid behind some bushes and Gray-sama stood right beside me. Watching those two, Lucy-San was somewhat awkward and fidgeted every now and then. Essentially, those two set off on their own.

"The plan succeeded!" I jumped, keeping my voice low.

"Yeah yeah." Gray-sama had his hands in his pockets and looked around. His eyes fixated on the rainbow colored Ferris wheel that was in front of the water park.

"Gray-sama."

"Hmm?" He turned around.

"Would you like to ride that?" I asked, tilting my head.

"No, I was just looking." He declined.

"Aww, come on." I held Gray-sama's hand and then he brushed me off.

"Please? Let's not waste a good afternoon." I tried again and this time he didn't complain, instead he sighed and replied,

"I guess there's no helping it."
•••••••
"Whoaaa." I was amazed how escalated we were on the Ferris wheel. For some reason even though I was so scared of falling off and splatting on the ground beneath, I was having fun!

"Hey Gray-sama." I looked over and he reacted with a bit of a startle once I called his name, he diverted his gaze from the view.

"W-what?" He looked over, trying to hide us reaction.

"Is this your first time?"

"First time at the amusement park?"

"No, on the Ferris wheel- wait..." I made a confused expression.

"Is this your first time here too?!" I blurted out with surprise.

He nodded his head, "yeah."

"Really?" I gasped.

"In all honesty, I thought it was just a waste of time. Plus, there was never the opportunity to go." He explained.

"Well then, I'm happy to be able to make exciting memories for you." I gleamed. "Please don't take it the wrong way."

"You just keep dreaming." Gray-sama chuckled and leaned back on the bench.

"Thanks." I heard him mumble. 

I gleamed and nodded my head, speaking under my breath I spoke.

"Thank you too."