Chapter four

On Tuesday, Maya sat at the dinner table of the Matthews. She began to cut her carrots and meat into tiny little even bites. She separated each food type so that it would be on a third of the plate and not touching another types of food. She had to make sure that each food specifically had is spot on was the same exact size as the other components on the plate. Cory watched her, lost in her own little world. Maybe she was listening to them, maybe not. It was certain that she was in a trance though.
"Maya." She jumped and looked up at Topanga. "Is something wrong?"
"No. Nothing's wrong."
"Then why haven't you touched your dinner."
"I have."
"You have been moving it around but I don't think I have seen you have one bite."
"Oh, I guess I kinda got a little distracted." She said, picking a carrot up with her fork and putting it in her mouth. Topanga made her eat about half of her meal.
That's the last dinner that I have with them.
She looked down at the half eaten plate.
"Excuse me." She said, standing up. She went into the bathroom and closed the door. She put the water on and threw up. The first time she tried, nothing. The second time, she gagged, the third, her stomach gave and everything she had in her came back up. Her stomach was empty and she felt better as she flushed the toilet. She washed her mouth in the sink and poured a very small amount of mouthwash into dixie cup and using it. She threw it away, opened the door, and walked back out. Everyone was standing up to put their plates in the sink. She did the same.
"Thank you for dinner, Mrs.Matthews. I should really get going."
"You sure you don't want to stay to do homework?" She was already out the door. She ran down the stairs and ran most of her ways home, trying to get rid of everything that she ate. She ran into her room at sat down, doing sit ups, then push ups, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, ran in place and knee highs. She turned on the shower as sleep began to poke at her. At first, the warm water was nice but knowing that she still had homework, she turned on the cold.
"Ah-aaaaa." She said out loud. She was definitely awake, even if her body was not. Finally, she dried off, put on her pajamas and pulled out her homework. She did homework until eleven and studied until twelve. Something Maya would never do before but she was a knew person. When she finally went to bed, she fell asleep on top of her sheets with her headphones in.
If you eat half of what is on your plate, you have to throw it back up.