Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven (UNEDITED)

--Kindly put your playlist here--

"A real girl isn't perfect and a perfect girl isn't real." ― Harry Styles

Stella's POV

I just turned twenty three yesterday. I had a small party last night. Just a few friends in high school and in the university. But the celebration was not that fun, I missed my best friend, Mia.

Eversince I earned my bachelor degree in Economics a month ago, I started working in our company, the Valiente Group of Companies here in California. I started doing clerical works in the Purchasing Department and came to the office the same time with the other employees.

"Miss Valiente, your father wants to see you in his office now." Our department supervisor said, while holding the phone.

"Okay, I'm on my way. Thanks Sir."

I stood up from my desk and went directly to the top floor, where my dad's office was located.

I was surprised to see mom, Natalie Valiente, when I arrived. She was sitting infront of my dad's office table. She seldom came in the office. She was busy managing our hotels with my brothers, Franco and Manuel.

I kissed her cheek and hugged her. "What a surprise mom."

"Hello dear." She hugged me back. "You look stunning as always dear."

"Thanks, mom. Why are you here?"

She sighed and looked at dad. "Your dad and I have an important thing to say to you." Her voice sounded sad and worried.

"Really?" I was confused. What was it that couldn't wait till I'd get home? When I graduated in the university, I moved back to our house to be with my parents again. That was what they wanted – so they could keep their eyes on me.

I went to my dad, Rafael Valiente, and kissed his cheek. "Hi dad."

I was closer to my dad. I could say that he pampered me a lot – with love, attention or even material things. Eversince I was a kid, if there was something I desperately wanted, I went to dad first because mom often said NO. For instance, going to movies with friends or attending parties, joining summer camps and others. Mom wouldn't allow me unless I would bring my nanny or a bodyguard.

Dad stood up from his chair and hugged me so tightly. "We have something to say to you, princess."

Worried. Anxious. A lot of things were running through my mind – mostly weird scenarious.

"What is it? Is something bad happened?" I let go of dad and moved closer to mom. The suspense was killing me.

Mom nodded. My heart suddenly sank. A bad news. I could not stand bad news. For heaven's sake. I hope it was not something to do with my family.

My knees were getting weak. I sat down on the chair opposite to where mom was sitting. I reached for my mom's hand and squeezed it. "What is it mom?"

Mom looked at dad then back to my face. "It's about Eros."

"Eros?" I got confused for a second. What happened to Eros? Is he fine?

"Eros is getting married – to his personal assistant, Jade." Mom's other hand clasped mine. "You met Jade last Christmas, right?"

"Yeah."

Eros is getting married? To his personal assistant? I thought he's marrying me!

The news wouldn't sink in. It kept on playing again and again in my head.

"He's really getting married?"

"Yes. Nina called me this morning. She apologized on behalf of Eros. It was unexpected and there's nothing that they can do about it. He fell deeply in love with Jade." Mom comforted me by running her hand on my forearm.

"Eros announced their engagement last night during their family dinner. They're inviting us to attend their engagement party this coming Saturday." Dad said.

I didn't know what I felt at that moment.

I had this ambivalent feeling. Hurt. Angry. Cheated.

But definitely I felt cheated more.

Eversince, I never dated anyone, I didn't entertain any suitors and I tried not to fall in love with anyone because I was going to marry Eros Petrakis. I never experienced meeting boys, going out on a date, texting, sending messages and other things that normal teenager girls did with the opposite sex. I was deprived of all of that because I was going to marry the Petrakis heir, Eros Petrakis.

This is unfair. So unfair on my part. I missed enjoying my teenage life because of him. I wasted a few years of my life.

What a selfish, insensitive, arrogant man. He never even had the courage to say it to me in person. I felt like a flee on his arm that he just shove away. He made me believed that he was going to marry me very soon. It was so easy for him to get rid of me – to call off everything.

I looked at mom. She looked so sad and worried, about me. Tears welled in her eyes. She was concerned about my feelings. She knew I was hurt. Whenever I was hurt, she was hurt too.

Then I looked at the disappointment on my dad's face. I knew he was hurt too. And the more I'd show them that I was hurt, the more they became so worried and sad.

"Are you okay, dear?" Mom wiped the tears that fell on her cheeks. "I know you're hurt and this hurts me and your father as well. But there's nothing that we can do about it. All we have to do is understand and move on."

"Mom... please, stop crying." I tried my best to smile, even though it hurts as hell. "Actually, I feel so relieved."

Dad and mom immediately looked at me with questioning eyes.

"Relieved?" Dad asked.

"You see... I've been meaning to say this to you both."

"Yes?" Mom and dad said simultaneously, waiting for me to continue.

"I don't love Eros... and I'm so sorry... I'm in love with someone else." I lied.

"You do?" Mom's face lit up. Her hands clasped together on her chest.

I nodded.

"Who is he? Do we know him?" Dad asked.

"Um... I don't think so. He is also a businessman and... and he lives somewhere...very far um... in... in..."

"Where?" Dad asked again.

"New Zealand." I was caught off guard, I just said the first country that entered in my mind.

"New Zealand... hmm..." Dad said, rubbing his chin.

"When can we meet him?" Mom was excited now.

"He's very busy. He travels a lot and right now he is expanding his business in Asia." Oh God, forgive me. I kept on lying now.

"Oh... he must be a hardworking man." Mom looked at dad. "What's his name?"

"I... his name is... um... " I tried to make up a name. But it was hard, maybe my mom would search it in the internet and found out that I was lying. "I'll tell you later mom, okay? You know, he's a.... private person. Yeah, he's very very private person."

"Okay. But make sure we'll meet him."

"Yeah. Sure! Soon." I smiled at them.

Mom hugged me again. "Oh Stella. I was so worried. I'm glad that you're fine that Eros is getting married. So, are we going to New York this coming Saturday to attend their engagement party?"

"Sure!"

That night, when I was alone in my room, I cried so hard.

***Kindly VOTE and SHARE to your friends.***