On Wattpad, you have the option to close your account at any time. If you do end up closing your account, please be aware of the following:
- You must be able to log into your account to close it
- When you close your account, you are giving up your username
- You may be able to restore your account (See the chapter in this guide, How do I reopen/reactivate my account?)
- Your closed account can show up in Google results for several weeks afterwards
Note: This feature is not available in the apps. You can access the Wattpad website using the instructions below.
1. Open your mobile web browser and go to www.Wattpad.com
2. Log into your account with your username and password
3. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and choose View Full Site
Closing your account on the Web:
1. Log into your account
2. Click your username in the upper right-hand corner
3. Select Settings. This is the screen you should be taken to
4. Scroll to the bottom right of the page where you see the red arrow to find the close button
5. Click on Close Account
6. Fill in the mandatory information
7. Check the box saying 'Yes, I'm sure. Please close my account'
8. Enter in your password
9. Click on Close Account
To check an account is closed:
If you'd like to double-check that your account has been closed:
1. Type in https://www.wattpad.com/user/yourusername replacing 'yourusername' with the username of the account that you just closed.
2. If you've closed your account, then you should get a 'User not found' page.
Please do not try to sign in to your account again; this will reopen your account through self-restoration.
YOU ARE READING
Ever wonder how to change your password, add a banner to your profile, or broadcast a message to all your followers? Here is all the basic information you need to take advantage of all the features on your profile along with answers to your most p...