Confessions

Chapter 9

J O E L'S   P.O.V.

                                                   A tear fell from my face once again. I haven't talked to Prince in 2 days, and I also haven't been to school in 2 days. I lied there, angered and frustrated as well. I fought my own mother, was raped by my own Father.....speaking of I haven't seen him ever since that day.

"Joel...." I look to my doorway and saw my mother, bruised as usual.

"Ma....Im sorry okay. I don't know what possessed me t-"

"I know....its fine. You know that man you call your father...?" She sat on the edge of the bed. I tensed a little, scared at what she was going to say and do.

"Yes...." I look to her.

"Well you wont be seeing him anymore. At all."

"You killed him?" I grew excited.

"No...we broke up." She look to her hands. "Now that your old enough to understand, I have been abused in this relationship for several years, even before you were born."

                                                      She scooted closer to me wrapping her arm around my shoulder. Her head layed on mines, as she explained how he beat her, abused her, and quite frankly used her for sex, money and drugs.

"He was a terrible person to me, but he always loved you baby." That's when I cleared mmy throat and got up.

"Ma....no he didn't.....I never told you but,..."

"But what?"

                                                       It broke my heart to explain to my mother how all these years this man has been abusing me, physically and mentally, and I was about to tell her. Everything in my life.

"Well that boyfriend I said that abused me was a cover up...." I played with my fingers and teared up.

"Who did that to you then Joey?" I finally looked up.

"It was Dad... it started when I was 9. He abused me, and raped me."

                                                       She covered her mouth, shocked, tears rolling down her face as did mine. I dropped to the floor and just lost it all. Ive only explained this story to 3 people. My mother, my boyfriend and my stupid therapist.

"Im sorry!" She said. "Im sorry Joey!" She wrapped her arms around me again, "Everything will be okay now."

"You mean it?" I question.

"I'll quit my addiction for you baby. For you."

"Ma..you don't-"

"No, I want to." She smiled and hugged me tight, I couldn't help but return the favor. Im glad I had this talk with her.

"Now, time to put this nigga in jail!" We both laughed and agreed.

W E D S N D A Y :  B A C K  T O  S C H O O L

                                                               To come clean with my mother was the best feeling. Now I had to face the worlds biggest problems, bullies. Ever since that iHATEU girl posted about me, people have been distant. I strolled into the school, but the reactions were different. People saying Hi to me, waving....is this girl gone. I sat in 1st period, next to Prince.

"Prince."

"Joey!" We both smiled and hugged one another.

"Why haven't you texted me back?" He questioned.

"Oh...family problems, its bad." I looked down.

"Well I got you you got me right?" He then reached over and pecked my lips, I eyed Izzy glimpsing at us,

"What?" I questioned.

"Nothing!" She poked her lips out and turned around..I wonder whats up with her.

L U N C H

                                                     I wanted to sit with Izzy, but I couldn't find her anywhere, so I looked for Prince. If I knew him he would be in his usual spot smoking a cigarette. Hes such a bad boy.

"Well, Ill be back." I excused myself from the table and went around there. I then see him and Izzy locking lips. I wait around the corner for her to leave and then see Prince and grabbed his collar.

"Jacob Perez! What the hell was that? I cant believe you!"

"Wait let me...."

"You've done enough! I tell you everything that's going on in my life and I say the words that I cant say to anyone not even my own mother and you do this to me?"

"Izzy is.."

"I don't care you can have her, because what we have is done, its over with!"

"But Joey!"

"No...Im not your Joey." I shook my head, turned around and cried. My supposed best friend, hooks up with whos now my ex-boyfriend, behind my back.

                                                         I went to the nurses office and told her I needed to go home, so I took the bus. I haven't taken the bus in weeks since Prince drove me, so when I got on I was greeted by the friendliest bus driver of all.

"Hello..I remember you, you haven't rode my bus in years! New car?" she laughed and questioned.

"No Rudy.....I just went through a breakup that's all."

"Oh....Im sorry to hear that."

                                                       I continued to put in my change and took a seat in the front. I check my phone a couple of times to see whats going on in my twitter.

@iHATEU posted a new pic> Yall like my new due!

                                                       I automatically dropped my phone to see, one of my friends that I call a friend. The one I sit with at lunch, the one I could say I trust.......

"IZZY." I grew angry gripping the pole on the bus. I rung for my stop and when I got off, I ran in the house and flopped on my bed putting things together.

"Im sorry Prince,....I didn't let you explain....." I said to myself. "I didn't let you explain....