One: The Goddess

You nervously fiddled with the hem of your shirt as she comes closer. The beautiful goddess that was no taller than 5 feet. With her dyed red hair cascading down her back in elegant curls. And her big brown eyes that sparkled and you loved so much. The way she always smiles and has a dimple in her cheek. The same goddess that will never notice you.

So you just amble away, the courage of talking to her faded away. She was just too beautiful and popular. I mean, anybody would be if their dad made the revolutionary invention of liquified sugar. So instead of having to wait for the sugar crystals to dissolve in hot liquid, you can pour it in anything anytime.

For a while you've wanted to pluck the courage to talk to Ariana Grande. The daughter of the man who owns Grande's Sweetener company. Who has to be filthy rich, yet still goes to a public school. But you always chicken out, because who would pay attention to someone like you?

You've had the reputation as the 'school's lesbian'. The title that cost you your only "friend". And if you being who you are scared off your friend, it's nothing to what Ariana's reaction may be.

As you walked away, someone stuck their leg out, causing you to trip and fall. You look up to your old friend, Camille, who wore a victory smirk. It was her favorite game to play 'Torture the Lesbian'.

"Oops," Camille sarcastically said before laughing with her new friends.

"F*ck off, Camille!" A girl shouted, coming near you.

You catch a whiff of vanilla. The scent of your crush since forever. And you look up to see her reaching her hand out and smiling at you.

You stare at her, dumbstruck, as she continued smiling at you. Nobody's been nice to you ever since your secret let out. So why would this popular, wealthy, kind goddess do the exact opposite?

"It's okay," she said in her normal, soft voice. "I won't bite."

Hesitantly, you grabbed her hand, and she stood you up and brushed you off. You stare at her, in a slight crouch position, readying yourself for insults or physical abuse. But it never comes. Instead, Ariana asks you something.

"Want to come to lunch with us?" She sweetly asks, pointing to her group of friends behind her.

"Ew! No way!" One of them said.

"I am not sitting with that lesbo!" Another shouted.

"Sorry, Ari. But I gotta skip it. Don't want a girl crushing on me."

'I never did', you wanted to say, but kept your mouth shut. "Why?" You question.

"Because, I want to!"

"I'm just going to embarrass you," you mumbled.

"No you won't!"

You were scared, scared that this was all a trick, and Ariana was just putting on this façade. "No tha--"

"Please? Just this once?"

Ariana poked her bottom lip out at you, and you sighed. "Okay, fine."

"Awesome! Meet me at the lunch room, Y/N!"

Ariana was about to walk away when you called out to her. She turned back, smiling at you.

"How do you know my name?" You asked.

"I've always known it, Y/N. It's beautiful. Just like you."

Then she hurried away before you could even ask another question. Ariana called you beautiful. Nobody ever calls you that. With the exception of family.

Grinning stupidly, you walk to your first class, ignoring the glares of Ariana's "friends".