“Sorry I’m new, and I brought all my old books so my new teachers know where I am on the curriculum” she explained pushing her glasses up her nose as they had slipped down. I couldn’t deny she was extremely cute, standing I would say she was roughly the same height as me but whereas my figure was athletic and boyish her slim figure had the hint of womanly curves and she had bigger breasts than me. It was then she coughed “ahem, my name is Charlotte by the way” she said holding out her hand for me to shake, as I reached to take it the bell rang signalling the start of school, “dammit I have to find my registration room” she shouted running away before I could introduce myself. Shrugging my shoulders I sauntered off to my own registration room. 

Walking into my registration room I was greeted by Alison waving madly her other arm draped around her boyfriend Shaun who smiled and nodded at me. Waving my hand at Mrs. Nolan our usual reggie teacher as she marked me down as present sitting in my usual place on my desk rather than my seat Alison hopped up to whisper in my ear “We have someone new!” she squealed. I raised my eyebrow and angled my head towards the new face in the room “Ah” I sighed hopping off the desk I walked over and sat in the desk next to hers. “Hey, Charlotte” she looked up and smiled her face reddening, “I’m Alexis, just call me Alex though.” I said smiling and holding my hand out, she shook it 

“pleasure to meet you” 

“you want to sit with my friends” I said nodding back to my group who were staring back in awe. She seemed to think about it before nodding and gathering her stuff together. I sat back down on my desk and quickly introduced everyone “Charlotte, this is Alison her boyfriend Shaun, Ellie and her boyfriend Liam and Mason” all of them waved and I noticed Mason waving eagerly trying to get her attention. Alison turned to me and practically burst out “Omg, is this the girl you were dating over the holidays Alex!” I grinned as I looked at her face full of delight as Charlotte’s face turned a beetroot red.

“Ali, if you remember correctly the girl I dated was called Jess, This here is Charlotte, and I only met her this morning” I said simply and then turned to Charlotte “Sorry about her, she is overly excitable sometimes” 

“It’s okay, just a bit of a shock on my first day is all”

“Yeah Lexi” Mason said sneering almost “It’s her first day and your already trying to Lez her up” I was about to respond when Charlotte butted in “She isn’t trying to Lez me up” she said making quotation marks with her fingers “she’s just being nice” she finished blushing madly again. We all stared in shock when Liam tactfully asked “Alex, ready for cross country trials?”

“erm.. Yeah I am been doing 4 mile runs every night, what about rugby for you guys, you ready for the upcoming game” and the conversation picked up there until the bell rang.

“What class do you have?” I turned to Charlotte as she looked at her timetable.

“English, in room U13, where’s that?”

“Brilliant, your in the same class as me, the U means its upstairs, anything with a G means it’s on the ground floor, and if you have any science classes you need to go over to the annex that’s where all the labs are.” I said explaining her timetable. Glancing over at it I realised that she had most of the same classes as me, although instead of Spanish, she had mathematics and one of my free periods she had music instead as well. I talked her through the school and what some of the teachers were like until we got to class. Charlotte had to introduce herself to the class then she quickly made her way to an empty seat next to mine tripping slightly “Do you fall over a lot?” I whispered to her out of the side of my mouth “Only when I’m nervous” she whispered back I giggled slightly before a loud noise brought my attention to the front of the class “Miss Grant! Can you please explain the state of your uniform!” I sighed rolling my eyes Mr. Carey always picked up on my uniform at the start of each term, the uniform for girls was a black pleated skirt a white blouse with either the school blazer or the black school jumper and the tie. For the boys it was the same white shirt and with black school trousers instead of the skirt. “Sorry sir, I like my uniform better” and I winked as a few people giggled. Mr. Carey rummaged about in his desk drawer before ripping off a slip of paper. Sighing I walked up to the front of the class knowing it was for a detention standing by his desk I saluted him before accepting the slip and slipping it into my jeans pocket. Sitting back down Charlotte asked if I was okay “Yeah happens every year with Mr. Carey” and the lesson droned on as we were starting to read through Hamlet. 

The bell rang and I packed up my books to leave waiting on Charlotte, “You don’t have to wait on me you know” she said

“yeah I know, but I usually wait on my friends during class so that’s what I’m doing.” I replied

“Are we friends then” she asked raising her eyebrows as she looked at me over the top of her glasses.

“Yeah I would think so” I smiled, suddenly she lunged at me and I raised my hands up to protect myself as I was embraced into a tight hug. “Thank you” she squealed

“….your welcome.” was all I could say, this girl was literally too cute. “Quick we have to get to our free period class” I finished with awkwardly as I broke free from her vice like grip. Walking into the classroom I spotted two girls in cheerleader outfits gossiping away as they looked towards me and Charlotte. I winked at them before taking my usual seat in the back of the room sitting down on the desk. I had barely got settled when a third cheerleader stormed towards me her face contorted in anger. “Alexis!” she screamed

“Melissa.” I replied nodding as though the following conversation was going to be a pleasant one.

“Would you stop doing that!”

“Doing what?” I asked shrugging my shoulders and looking as though I didn’t know what she meant.

“Grr. Stop winking at them” she indicated over her shoulder at the two now very frightened cheerleaders “Stop acting like you’re such a player! You’re not even on one of the popular teams for Christ’s sake!” she shouted her hands on her hips as her lips pouted.

“I like cross country” I replied shrugging my shoulders “and I don’t claim to be a player, you’re the one who suggests it, every single week” and with that I turned back to Charlotte asking “wanna play twenty questions?” Charlotte nodded putting down what looked like a comic book and turned to faced me, as Melissa huffed loudly throwing her hands in the air and stormed away back to the other cheerleaders. Smiling I quickly said “I’m asking first, full name?”

Smiling she replied “okay, Charlotte Lynne Ryder.” her sweet smile caught my attention, and I Must have been staring too long as she asked “c’mon can you not think of another question?”

“sorry, ha nice name” I said trying to laugh it off. “Okay date of birth”

“easy, March 15th.”  she mock yawned.

“oh, so you are 18?”

“yes I am, and that counts as a question” she smiled evilly this time. Damn I thought to myself.

“Okay so a two part question, where do you live? And who do you live with?”

“I like at 23 Walker Avenue, and I’m staying with my dad”

“Siblings? Pets?” I asked another two questions.

“I’m an only child” she said looking down “my parents, are not really into kids I guess” she laughed awkwardly “and I have a cat, named Jinx” this continued for the rest of my twenty questions me finding out random stuff about her, I found out her hobbies were reading (which explained the books) her favourite colour was green, she didn’t drink alcohol or smoke, she had never had a boyfriend although she had kissed a guy before, and she travelled everywhere by bicycle. Satisfied with my answers I sat back ready for my usual nap leaning into the wall behind my desk “Ahem.. I think it’s my turn.” an evil glint was visible in her eyes as I stuttered “oh…okay”