Chapter Two

So hello again everyone :) i decided to post chapter two!! i hope you like it, and just so you know, God is Harry Styles. So whenever Grace says God, she's talking about Harry. Sorry if that's confusing. i hope you like the chaper anyway :) ENJOY <3

            “There’s an even number of people in this class, so you’ll all be able to partner up for this project. Choose wisely because this project will take the entire first semester, so you’ll be working a lot with your partner.”

            I looked at the desks below me in the theater-like room. God sat in the front row all the way to the left. He honestly looked effortlessly perfect today in his black t-shirt and skinny jeans. I’d noticed some girls checking him out, probably determined to get him as their partner.

            “I’ll give you the remaining time to choose your partners and your topic.” Our teacher sat back down in his seat.

            Nearly half the girls in the class jumped up and tried to quickly walk over to where God was sitting. I watched as he packed up his laptop and notebook into his black backpack. He looked up at the five girls asking to be his partner. I looked away at the rest of the class that were all partnered up already.

            I sighed, praying that I wouldn’t have to do this project all on my own. “Hey Grace,” a blonde guy said as he stepped in front of my desk.

            “Hi…” my voice trailed off, not remembering his name.

            “I’m Ashton,” he introduced and we shook hands. “I was wondering-”

            “Sorry mate, she’s taken,” a deep British accent said from my left. “We already decided we’d be partners before class.” I looked over and much to my surprise God was sitting in the seat next to mine. He almost glared at Ashton and the blonde walked away. “Hello Grace May, how are you?”

            “Surprised that you just turned down all of those girls and chose me…” I looked at the girls who were now giving me dirty looks. I looked away from them.

            God laughed a little bit. “I’ll tell you what they were all thinking,” he brought his voice down, “the three blondes: sex, blow jobs, and sex. Then the two brunettes: sex and making out. But you, Grace May, are actually thinking of doing the project. And that is why I’d like to work with you.”

            “Will you tell me your name?” I asked, tilting my head at him.

            “Nope,” God replied simply.

            I raised my eyebrows surprised by his answer. “But how are we going to work on…?”

            “Hey, my name doesn’t matter. This project does, so that’s what we’ll be focused on.”

            “O-Okay…” I stuttered, scratching my forehead.

            “Don’t take it personally I just don’t like giving out my name to girls.” God shrugged and leaned forward on his elbow on my desk. He looked me straight in the eyes and I looked away and down at my notebook that I’d doodled in a couple minutes prior. God noticed because he took the pen out of my hand and wrote something on the page. Music? I looked at him confused. “Babe, do you want to do our project on the history of music? You know, up until today.”

            “Oh…” I nodded. “So we can start from like, the classical time period up until like, the rap music that’s all over the radios today.” I giggled a little bit and God nodded.