Chapter-1

Authors Note:

Hey there! Thank you ever so much for choosing to read my story. I just wanted to let you know that if you enjoy this book and would like to support me and my work, you can find this story on Webnovel where I earn revenue. It's not a lot but it would be a great help to me making steps towards my dream if you would read a few chapters on there. For your generosity, you would be getting a bonus chapter that will not be published on this platform and a better refined version of the book.

Either way, whether you want to support me on that platform or just read this version, I always appreciate you taking the time to read my story which I have spent many years writing.

I hope you enjoy and I'm always up for a chat so please leave any comments you may have :)

Thank you kindly,

Kim xx

**************************

My alarm blared out loudly, pulling me from my deep slumber. I sighed and tried to reach for it with my eyes closed but ended up falling out of the bed with a thud. I groaned, grabbed the phone and finally shut the alarm off. I ran my hands down my face trying to wake myself up to resist the urge to jump back into the soft, warm sheets.

I had to attend a meeting with the alpha of the pack, who was my adoptive father, and the rest of my band to discuss our next performance. We usually performed for events like bonfires, parties and pack visits. My dad said that it makes our pack unique because we are the only pack that have a personal band and it somehow makes us appear stronger because we have time to have a band, it shows how smoothly our pack runs, or something like that. I must admit I never really listened to that boring gloating of my father.

Oh yes, you heard right. I am adopted. The alpha and Luna adopted me after my biological parents died. They died in a rogue attack when I was a little girl. My biological mother was very close friends with the Luna as she was one of her handmaid's and my Father was the head fighter so he was the main protector besides the beta. My adoptive parents couldn't have any more children after their first born and I had just lost my parents. It made sense for them to adopt me really since they were like an aunt and uncle to me before.

I was extremely lucky that they did adopt me. If they hadn't I would have been raised in the orphanage and a lot of those children didn't get very far in life. Most of the orphans turned out to be outlaws because the orphanage didn't get a lot of love. It was something the pack had because the children had to go somewhere but no one really cared about them. Because of the lack of love being given to the orphans, they lack good education and they had no role models apart from one another.

I pulled open the curtains before walking into my en-suite bathroom to go through my morning routine. I lived in the pack house which was basically a mansion so all of the rooms were en-suite. That was a perk to living with the Alpha and Luna, I got one of the best rooms.

I got into the shower and let the water caress my skin and relax my tense muscles for a while before washing my long brown hair and my porcelain skin, which was actually quite odd for a werewolf to have. Usually a werewolf would have naturally tanned, glowing skin but for some reason I didn't have it. Once scrubbed, I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself. I cleaned my teeth, washed my face and I dried my hair quickly, pulling it into a side braid.

I looked at my reflection in the floor length mirror in my bedroom. I didn't see myself as pretty even though I was often told I was. My hair was long, chocolate brown and had a stubborn wave to it. The type of wave that came back after being straightened within an hour. My eyes were blue but not the bright, pure type. They were a greyish blue, almost like rain clouds. My nose was nothing special, quite basic. I was lucky to have been gifted with my mothers clear skin and didn't wear much makeup as a result of it. I was often told that I looked a lot like her apart from my eyes and hair, they came from my father.