FIFTEEN

CHAPTER 15
THE SUN AND MOON

HE felt the connection in his heart

HE felt the connection in his heart. The erratic beating became the only sign that they were truly linked.

Kylo Ren wondered what she was doing as of that moment that had caused him to sit down and hold his chest, thinking that he could somehow slow his fast-beating heart, but to no avail. Are you well? He sent to her mind through his own.

As he threw off his cape and sat on his mattress, he sighed loudly. The urge to suppress his care was infuriating. He could lie through his teeth all he wanted, but the red glow on his cheeks whenever she was in meetings or returning from a mission never ceased. The helmet was a good disguise to hide the look on his face, but it could only do so much.

He felt privileged to love Raena Nhagy; he never knew someone as heartless as him would be granted the sentiment to care for such a legend. But the fact that he wasn't in control of his own body anymore was what frustrated him. He needed control, but she held it in the palm of her too-large hands without knowing. Now, he cared for her too much to even try to win it back.

It had been sixty-two days, eleven hours, and thirty-seven minutes since he realized his feelings.

He loved her more than the sun loved the moon.

•••

Upon leaving her meeting with Hux, Raena was seen sprinting down the halls of the First Order ship, her hair whipping in long blonde strands behind her. She pushed through the thousands of troopers coming through the corridors as she searched for the destined one she was looking for. Before she could approach the commander's chambers, she was stopped hastily by Captain Phasma, who was even taller than the assassin by a foot in her gear.

"Greetings, Officer Nhagy," the captain saluted.

Raena huffed out a breath. "Hey, Phasma. This has been fun, but I need to see –"

"Who is it that you need to see that can't wait until our conversation is over?"

"We never have conversations!" The assassin exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air. "The last time you spoke to me, you called me a 'dunce' because of how wrong the Ahch-To mission went."

Captain Phasma stayed silent for a moment, and then continued, "Speaking of that mission: despite how horrible it ended, you have been requested to join us on the next morning. Your defense skills are being honed on every difficult task you accompany us with, so this should be worthwhile."

Raena decided her news for Kylo could wait as the captain handed her a tablet, lighting up a plan of blueprints on the screen. "Is this the Resistance base?" She asked, looking up to the silver helmet of her superior. The plans looked extremely similar to the headquarters on D'Qar.