Shikamaru x reader

<Readers POV>

I couldn't help but look back with teary eyes as I saw my sensei die in front of me. I cried out for help realizing that noting could be done to help him. My medical ninjutsu wasn't good enough to save his life. "What an idiot!!" I yelled at myself for not being better. After hearing his last words I broke down on tears while holding him tight. Only if I could have done more, it's all my fault. I could have saved him. You fucking idiot!!

"(Name), (NAME)!! Wake up!" You recognize the voice but couldn't remember who it belonged to.

< ? POV>
"(Name), (NAME)!! Wake up!" I yelled as I shook (name) out of her deep sleep, I could tell that she was having a nightmare about Asuma. She always gets horrible nightmares about him, I wish I could do something about it. :/

<Reader POV>
I wake from my slumber only to see Shikamaru shaking me vigorously. "Hey are you okay?" He said in an agitated voiced. "I knew you were having a nightmare about Asuma-sensei, so I immediately woke you." Looking back at you with his chocolate eyes filled with concern. "Thank you Shikamaru." I looked at him with eyes full of love and brought him into a tight hug. You remember when you first met the man of the given name Asuma.

This part is not to long, but there is definitely more in store ;)