Back To The Gallery

(I'm playing Ib again to find these out, heehee ^-^)

Ib's P.O.V.

Ib looked over at Garry from the sofa. She had flipped around so she was staring at everything upside down. They were trying to think of something interesting to do for the day, and so far, neither of the two had come up with anything. "Ib?" Garry asked, glancing over at her. He had splayed out on the floor. "Hmm?" she replied. "How about... going back to the gallery?" Ib's eyes widened and she struggled to sit up. She didn't mind going to the gallery; In fact, she'd always visited it again every year or so. "We don't need to if you don't want to, Ib." Ib shrugged. "I think it'd be interesting, but Garry..." She stared up at the ceiling when she spoke. "Are you sure you want to go back after everything?" Garry sat up as well. "I don't want to just...hide, Ib. Run away from these things when I'm not sure if I even have a reason to be nervous." He smiled, tilting his head to one side. "Plus, I can't be a good example to you if I'm afraid of silly things like walking into a building!" Ib huffed. "A building that you disappeared into for nine years!" Garry hesitated, his smile faltering. "Well, I'm here now, aren't I? C'mon, Ib, it'll be fun! We could see some of the old works, if they're still there." Ib still wasn't sure about it. Garry pouted at her. "Please? If I don't like it I'll tell you! Promise!" Ib sighed and nodded. "Fine. Let me get some money." She went into her room and rummaged for her secret box, hidden underneath all her clothes in her dresser. She kept some extra money in there, as well as small items she treasured. She still had the lemon candy that Garry had given to her in the gallery, too, never bringing herself to eat the flavored treat. She kept it inside the box and took some dollar bills out. She walked back into the living room and saw that Garry was already waiting for her by the door. "Let's go, Ib! This'll be fun!" 

Ib stared down at the painting. "It's a little spooky. Makes the whole place feel dark, right? Abyss of the Deep. I came down into the true gallery through this." Ib nodded. The fish stared at the ceiling with empty eyes, mouth agape. "Me too. The paint led to this." Garry nodded and headed south of the painting. Ib stared at the sculture to their right. It was a large rose, red petals thrown around it. She'd never figured out what it had read. She looked at a small paper nearby. "Embodiment of Spirit," it read in bold letters. "A red rose? It looks like yours did, Ib." She nodded. As they walked around they saw the paintings, perfect and intact like they were years ago. "Lady In Red," Garry muttered, standing slightly in front of Ib as if to protect her from it. The woman stared blankly out at them. "Let's keep going, Ib." Ib shivered, feeling as if the lady was watching them turn away. They passed the sculpture named Reserved Seat, where Ib had sat down long ago after they had run from the gallery's monsters. The pristine white seat looked heartbreakingly beautiful with the rose vines curling around it. They passed the three sculptures called Death of The Individual, walking around it carefully without saying anything as they passed the unmoving headless women. When they went back around Garry paused at the painting called The Hanged Man. His gaze softened as he looked at the picture. "I remember you staring at this," Ib said, trying to get him to say something. He let out a soft breath. "Yes, Ib, I think I remember a little girl looking at me. I wonder where Guertena got the idea of this painting. I've never figured it out... It makes me feel sad, looking at this." He looked over at Ib, blinking. "What am I doing, making you worry about me?" He chuckled and linked his arm through Ib's until they reached another painting. "Fabricated World," Garry said softly. The near-abstract painting made Ib's heart twist in sadness. "This is the worst one," Garry said. "It reminds me the most. Of everything back there." Ib nodded. Garry was right. She remembered everything from the gallery in this one picture. The moving paintings... the bunnies...Mary. She turned away from the painting. Garry turned to stare at her, his purple eyes full of worry. "Ib? What's wrong?" She shook her head, shrugging. "Brings back memories," she said in a hoarse whisper, feeling ready to cry. Even after so long, Ib couldn't forget. She bent down to tie her shoes and wipe her eyes. She noticed Garry bending down to her from the corner of her eye. "Ib, whatever's happened happened. But it's all gone now. Or come back if it, or he, is good." Ib glanced at him and noticed he was pointing at himself. She laughed sharply, nodding. "I guess so, Garry." He looked at her in the face. "Ib, don't worry, alright?" He helped her up and took her hand in his, leading her out to the front of the gallery and beginning to walk home. 

Sorry's Note:

Heehee ;3