TWENTY THREE

Great. Just perfect. Me and my stupid short fuse. I've lost 2 brothers in one day. If I lose Mason now then the rest of them will follow quickly.

I head straight to my parents bedroom. They're talking in hushed tones so I knock before entering. That way they'll think it's Saac and not refuse entry.

"Come in" My moms perky voice sounds through the door. Damn, I haven't heard that in a while. I push open the door with my faulty arm and step inside, shutting the door firmly behind me. "Luna?"

"Hi" I smile but they don't look impressed. I ignore their glares and get back to my point. "So what's Mason doing for his birthday?"

"Tyler's game?" Dad explains in as few words as possible.

"And what about with his friends?"

"We didn't have a chance to arrange anything."

"Then how about you two grant me permission to have the house tonight, I'll give you my $50 gift card for Olive Garden and we'll have ourselves a deal."

"Luna are you sure you're up to planning a party?" Mom says sympathetically.

"It's Mase's birthday. His sweet 16. If I don't help him get laid then who will?" I exclaim before I realise who I'm talking to. I shove my dead hand into my mouth before I can say anything else.

"Luna!" Dad laughs, making mom laugh too.

"Sorry" I give an innocent smile.

"Fine but if anything goes wrong you call us immediately."

"Obviously" I roll my eyes. Do they really think I don't know that by now?

"Don't forget to invite that nice boy Darren" Mom smiles.

"Mom. Keep up. They had a fight in school a couple weeks ago. Darren is no nice boy."

"How do you even know that? You've been in a coma for weeks."

"I catch up with all my brothers. When they let me."

"Look Lu- we owe you an apology." Dad says patting the bed as I sit next to him. "We thought you were irresponsible. We thought you were pre occupied going to parties and kissing boys to care about your own health. We shouldn't have shut you out and we shouldn't have told Charlie to do our dirty work. He told us how heart broken you were when he left without you."

"That was you?"

"It was my idea. We thought you might listen to Charlie more. He shut you out completely and you retaliated. We made you feel like you'd lost everyone. We even told grandma and grandpa to leave without saying goodbye." Mom tells me.

"I don't get why you would do that to me mom" I shake my head in disbelief. "It was an accident and I'm fine"

"You're not fine Lu-"

"Don't" my Dad warns my Mom.

"Don't what?" I ask but they're too busy having one of their telepathic conversations.

"They wanted to amputate Luna. You got your arm crushed between and rock and a fallen tree."

"They were going to cut it off? Was it really that serious?" I turn to my dad.

"I don't think it was. I think that if you get your head in the game and make it work then you'll gain some feeling back in that arm." He tells me. I know he's lying but I don't think I can take the truth right now.

"Well that's okay then. I should get organising. I need to make a call to Sawyer and you need to distract Mason long enough for me to steal his phone and call every single contact he has." I say jumping up from the bed.

"It's really sweet what you're doing for your brother." Mom smiles. "At least I know I raised one of you right."

"You raised us all perfectly mom" I smile bending down to kiss her cheek before punching dad in the arm as I gesture of love.

"Still got that killer left hook" he beams up at me.

"No one can take that away from me" I laugh before skipping out of the room. I run into Max and Charlie's joint room where Noah and Oscar are also hanging out. "Family meeting now. My room. Don't tell Mase."

They all nod before I go and spread the message to Isaac and Jack.

***

"Okay so this is going to have to be a whole team operation. We're one man down with Ty at training so I've enlisted Jack's help." I say as my brothers all sit on my bed as I stand by the whiteboard I stole from Dad's study. I grab a pen and turn to the board. I write 'Mason's sweet sixteen surprise party' along the top.

"Ah this makes more sense now." Noah sighs nodding his head.

"Whatever you do. Do not let Mason find out about this."

"Where is he anyway?"

"Dad's taken his for some sparring practice and I've got his phone." I say whipping the device out of my pocket. "Charlie, Max. You're in charge of decorations and food. You're the only ones who can drive. Isaac and I are on invitations."

"How do you know people will come?" Oscar asks.

"O, no one misses an Allcroft party." I smile. "Noah and Oscar, you're in charge of music and putting all the valuables into the study. Make sure the door is locked and give the key to mom to take with her."

"What do I do?" Jack speaks up.

"Well you're the newbie here-"

"Oh no"

"You're on puke patrol." I smirk.

"I really hate you." He rolls his eyes at my remark.

"You also kinda have to keep Mase out of the house until we're ready for him."

"How the heck am I going to do that?"

"You're a smart boy, you'll think of something." I laugh. "Everyone know what they're doing?" I ask as I write down all the jobs on the board.

"What food do you want ma'am?" Max asks in all seriousness.

"Just nibbles. You know, biscuits, fruit, that kind of thing. Only things on Dad's 'acceptable foods' list." I shrug.

"Cake!" Oscar shouts.

"Yes! Noah, you wanna bake that chocolate and banana cake you're so amazing at? He lives for that stuff." I ask hopeful. He gives a nod.

"Decoration colour scheme?" Charlie asks. He knows how particular I am about things like this. Everything has to be absolutely perfect.

"Purple and gold. You know he lives for school sports." I laugh. Purple and gold are pretty much the colours that I see when I close my eyes. Tyler not only plays for the Lakers and leaves his clothes everywhere but my school took it upon them to appoint that colour scheme in to 'liven things up'.

"You know so much about all of us." Noah laugh.

"Yeah! I didn't even know Noah baked let alone that Mason loves it." Max exclaims.

"Well you're all busy with your lives so you don't have time to notice the little things. For instance I know that you Max always hold your bat with your fingers at a 45 degree angle to your thumb. Isaac always puts his socks on first when getting changed. Charlie triple knots his shoe laces. Noah has a secret crush or Marcy Gellar at school-"

"Hey!" He exclaims. I give him a cheeky grin.

"I also know that Oscar has a secret pen pal in Peru that he hasn't told anyone about and that I've been hiding his letters from mom and dad because I know they'll scream at him for the crazy postage expenses."

"That's just creepy" Oscar shudders.

"I also know that Jack acts like a complete douchebag on the outside but is actually the sweetest guy and the bestest friend." I smile.

"Forget Luna eclipse. How about Luna almighty?" Jack laughs.

"Sounds good to me." I laugh. "Okay let's get going. We have a party to plan."