Chapter 6

Threne's POV

There's a bruise forming in my stomach.

I'm here inside of my room, staring at my stomach where the big bruise reside. Ever since that horrible day, I got this purplish bruise because of that man. And as day passes by, it became more swollen to the point where it became more unbearable.

And damn, it really hurts!

I instantly pulled my shirt down but freeze when a soft meow reverberated in the close room. I don't wanna let them see it. But it's too late,I guess.

Ean saw it already.

His cute innocent light blue eyes seems to sparkle in concern as he quickly rush to my side. Nuzzling his nose softly in the fabric of my shirt, seeming to ask how I get that.

I let out a weak smile and rub his head gently.

"You don't have to worry, Ean. This will fade away soon. I promise."

He give me a cute look as he tilt his head a little. I can only smile before patting his head again and turn away from him.

Y'know sometimes I wonder if they actually understands me. Or maybe its just my imagination but it really warms my heart that they treat me like this.

"So, where are the others?" I ask to myself, trying to avoid that topic.

I glance at him wheb I suddenly hear multiple noises in the balcony. I raise my eyebrow but Ean stays quiet as he stares back at me. I soon finally decide to check it out myself.

As I reach the balcony, a smile can't help tug my lips at the cute view.

They are all sleeping so peacefully. While the animals are snoring, I tiptoe towards them and pat each of their heads. Matthew and Reed suddenly kicks each other unconsciously causing me to laugh. I avert my eyes to Jiro who is peacefully lying under the couch.

As I finish patting their heads, I head to the kitchen to make our breakfast. It's weekend so I'll just have to stay here and do nothing.

Wait! An idea pops in my head.

A grin creep up to my face at the idea. I walk towards them and softly call their names. They open their eyes slowly and start to walk behind me as we go back to the kitchen. I look at them and they are still sleepy.

Their eyes tries to close on it's own, but they are all forcing themselves to be awake.

I bit my lips as I run to them for a hug

They're so adorable! I'm sorry,I can't help it! I just wanna kiss and hug them all day! Please sue me!

And yes, I know I am weird.

Matthew hisses and tries to scratch my face which, of course, didn't happen because Ean protectively slap his face. Reed, meanwhile, licks my whole face happily as Jiro stares at me.

Blankly.

I chuckle and give them each of their food. I took out my hand to pat their head again,feeling addicted at their soft furs. They all let me, even Matthew. After watching them finish their foods, I grab my wallet and change my clothes.

"Guys, I'm going out for a while. Make sure to guard this house for me, okay?"

Ean meows and Reed barks while the other two have their own world. I shook my head while chuckling at their contrasting behaviours and started walking towards the road. The pet store is not that far. It's only a walking distance and that is a good thing.

Taking a stop forward,I wince when the bruise starting to hurt again. Maybe,I'll go to the hospital later. Nahh,maybe this will just fade away soon.

When I arrive, I quickly examine the surroundings and a sigh leaves my mouth.

It's been awhile since I visit this pet store. The last time I visited this place was when I bought my first animal which is a dog from here. I also bought him a dog food, some toys and also a collar. But mom got angry at me for using my money to buy a dog and kicked him out of our house and so I have to give him to a friend.

I slowly take a glance of my surroundings, feeling happy and contented. I look at each cages and there reside different animals and breeds. I mentally squeal at their cute faces.

I just wanna buy all of them! Bad thing is,I don't have money.

I slap my face when I remember my main purpose of going in here. I almost forgot about it,to be honest.

I tried to find it around the store and good thing I found it quickly. I intently stares at the collars, trying to find some perfect ones for my pets.

"Mmm,what should I choose?" I put my hands in my chin, thinking deeply while staring at the collars.

This red is good for Matthew. He has a temperamental arrogant attitude. So red really suits him. I slowly grab the red collar before moving to the other one.

"This royal blue colored collar definitely suits Jiro. Blue suits his white fur and also his very icy cold attitude." I mumbles to myself, taking the collar I am pertaining to.

"Silver is for Reed. I dont know why, but it just suits him and," I pause, realizing something.

Oh no, I can't decide for Ean. I bit my lip while trying to figure out which collar suits his tiger fur.

Violet? Nope. Pink? Certainly not. Green? Mmmm nope.

Unbeknownst to me, I already slap my foreheard in fustration and close my eyes,trying to think for a better color that suited his fur but nothing really came inside my mind so I have to slap my face.

Yeah, I'm totally going crazy.

"Are you okay, miss?" My train of thoughts got cut off when a concern voice ask.

I turn around and a kid,a little bit younger than me,is having a concern look written on his face.

"C-Can I help you?" A nervous smile cross his face as I stare quietly at him.

He look at me intently like he is trying to figure out something.

"I'm sorry ma'am but I notice that you are having a trouble and so I was thinking if you're okay. If you have any problem,you can ask me. I'll help you find the thing you are looking for." the boy shyly said,scratching his head a little.

"S-Sorry ma'am,I'm still new here so I'm kinda nervous."

Aw~he's so cute.

A giggle escape from my lips as I pat his head.

"Hey,its okay. You don't have to be nervous around me. Just enjoy what you are doing. You are lucky to be able to work here. If possible,I also want to work in a petshop but my mom won't allow me. Oh! I almost forgot.." I careless chuckle escape from my lips.

"I'm just wondering, what color would suits a pet with a tiger like fur." I ask in all honesty.

He tilts his head, thinking for a moment before his face brightens up.

"What do you think of light blue, ma'am?" He asks with a grin.

Light blue? I tried to imagine Ean wearing a light blue collar and yes,it suits him.

Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that.

"Thank you so much! " I quickly grab the light blue one and dash through the counter. But before I can reach the counter, a sharp pang of pain hits me like a lightning struck into my stomach.

I drop to my knees and pain becomes too unbearable,turning my body numb from any of my senses. I open my eyes,trying to ask for help but all I can see is blurry figures of people saying something but I can't hear anything but a loud ringing voice on my ear.

And then suddenly,darkness consumes me.

End of Chapter 6