Dean x Reader - Nightingale

Note: Another update for you lovely readers out there and a big thank you to you guys for voting each and every part of the stories that I did in this book. Also I've reached 2.2k views which was unexpected for me at first, thanks to all of you out there for making this book worth reading. So again, Thank you to all my fellow lovely readers and Supernatural fans out there. Song inspired by Demi Lovato - Nightingale.

(y/n) = Your Name.

____________________________________________________________________________________

{Flashback}

"Dean!!" You scream his name.

As you came close to his dying body, holding it for dear life tears streaming down you face.

"Dean, don't leave me just yet... I-I need you... p-please... stay alive for me..." You plead.

"(Y/n), I... Lo...ve...Y...o...u" he said with his last breath.

"I l-love y-you too Dean, my nightingale." You sobbed while holding his dead body.

{Present}

It's been 5 months since Dean's death and it was due to selling his soul to Ruby leading her hell hounds to kill Dean in the process. Now you are living with Bobby, since you have nowhere to live so he was one of your closest friend and the legal guardian to the Winchester boys. Sam came back to life after Dean sold his soul to Ruby and from that day onwards you became depressed and lonely without Dean by your side.

He would always be your light in your darkest days and you would be his light in return. Now you are in your room that Bobby had given you, crying your eyes out and haven't slept properly for the past 5 months, making you look like hell. It was 10:00 am, when Bobby called you for breakfast and informing him you'll be down in a second, you wiped your tear stained face before walking out of your room for breakfast.

As you were walking down the stairs, you heard whispers between men but to your surprise you heard a voice that you have been longing to hear. The voice sounded just like Dean and as you arrived down the stairs to the next room which is the kitchen, your legs froze and your eyes started to tear up again. There he was, Dean Winchester, standing right in front of your eyes, alive and breathing.

"D-Dean i-is that really you?" You ask with a dry and raspy voice.

"Yes (y/n). It's really me." He walked towards you.

When he came close to you, his hands cupped your face and as you felt the warmth of his hand on your face more tears came out.

"How is this even possible? Who the hell sells their soul just to get you back?" You furrowed your eyebrows in curiosity, as you look at him in the eyes.

"I was the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition, Dean." Castiel intervened as he silently zapped into Bobby's house.

"What?! Why would you even do this Cas?!" Dean asked with his gruffed voice.

"It's because Cas knew (y/n) would be in worst condition that she is now. Can't you see it Dean? Look at her state right now, can you not see it. Bobby was the one who updated me and Castiel with (y/n)'s condition." Sam explained to Dean.

Dean looked and examined you from head to toe, which you looked terrible, the beautiful (y/n) that he once remembered has become much more skinner and has paler skin tone. He knew from that moment when he died he felt guilty as hell, from there it made you to be in a depressed and unstable state.

"I'm so sorry (y/n). I'm so sorry that I died and left you like this. Now that I'm here, please don't be like this." Dean tears stream down his checks begging you to change for him and for yourself.

"For you I'd do anything, Dean. Please don't die on me again. I don't know what I'd do without you for the rest of my life." Your noses touched against each other and Dean kissed you like there is no tomorrow.

Few days passed since Dean came back from hell, you begin to gain your normal weight and skin tone. You thanked Castiel for all he had done for you, bringing Dean back alive and well. Therapy for your depression wasn't needed anymore according to the doctor, due to the fact that you were getting better because Dean was there with you after all the years you're suffering from it. You knew that you couldn't lose your one and only nightingale by your side anymore. With him beside you, life mean something more than normal and the supernatural.

"Dean could you sing for me one last time, the lullaby that you always sing for me when I can't sleep." Both you and Dean where currently in bed at your shared bedroom.

"Anything for you, babe." He kissed you forehead before started singing your lullaby.

"Can you be my nightingale?

Sing to me,

I know you're there,

You could be my sanity,

But bring me peace,

Sing me to sleep,

Say you'll be my nightingale~

I don't know what I'd do without you,

Your words are like a whisper cutting through,

As long as you are with me here tonight,

I'mgood..." As Dean ended the lullaby he looked over to your sleeping form andslightly laughed knowing that you are safe in his arms, forever and always.