Funeral (Part 2)

Chapter 18 - Funeral (Part 2)

(Paisley's POV)

"They were beautiful, the best friends I could ever have." I said into the microphone. "Thought I would grow old with them and play pranks on the others." A smile crossed my face for a second. "But unfortunately they were tricked...well Hannah was." I played with my fingers. "Hannah ran from the lodge and Beth followed her. I also decided to follow her but when me and Beth split up to find Hannah I chose the wrong decision. I chose to go down the path that Hannah was not down." Tears ran down my face as I remembered their death. "I hurt my arm tackling a man I thought was hurting them when he was saving them." I sniffled. "It's my fault they're dead." I ran from the podium. I didn't know where to go but I ran for the mausoleums.

"Paisley!" Josh's voice called as kicked off my heels to run faster. You could hear other names calling for me but I didn't listen. Josh was the only one I wanted to hear and I wasn't going to stop just to hear it. I knew what was hidden in a certain mausoleum.

"No!" I screamed as someone grabbed me and pulled me in a mausoleum.

"Shh shh." Mike's voice soothed me as he rubbed my arms. The ruffles on my arms dropped slightly as I relaxed. The sound of Mike's soothing voice reminded me of before the hell we were all put through. "I'm sorry, Paisley. I'm so so sorry." I could feel cold wet tears slipping down my face. My thick hair was pushed back as Mike hugged me, keeping me in his arms as I sobbed.

"Lee." Looking over I saw Josh standing there, tears in his eyes. "Thank God you're safe." He rushed to me taking me into his strong arms. "No one blames you." He whispered as Mike rubbed my back. I was all but hyperventilating at the moment causing my asthma to kick up. I wheezed into Josh's chest trying to keep the boys from hearing it. Unfortunately Mike heard the loud wheezing that was coming from my young lungs.

"Shit give me her!" Quickly Josh passed me to Mike who ran through the graveyard with me in his arms bridal style. My chest was getting tighter and I could barely breath as we finally reached the car.

"What's happening?" Josh's voice asked as my head got heavy and started to pound. I would eventually pass out if I didn't have my inhaler which I didn't. I hadn't thought of the possibility of a panic attack so I didn't bring the stupid life saving device.

"She's either having a panic attack or an asthma attack." I could barely hold my head up as I wheezed more and more trying to force air into my lungs. "Lee! C'mon tell me where the inhaler is!" Mike's voice wavered. "Here." I was passed to Josh as Mike tried to search for the missing inhaler. However it was too late. I was already too deprived.

~½ hour later~

"I love you." Josh's voice was a heaven and his arms felt amazing wrapped around my body. "You should have brought your inhaler. You scared the shit out of me, Princess." His voice was a mere inch from my ear. "You may be fooling the others but I've slept in the same bed as you and I know when you're are trying to play the sleeping game." Suddenly his fingers attacked my sides and I squealed in laughter.

"No!!" I screamed as I was pulled back against Josh's chest. "I am the master of sleep!" Laughing he stopped tickling me and kissed the back of my shoulder.

"You really aren't though." Sighing I looked around only to see we were in the limo. "I am going to strap that inhaler to me and one to you." His strong arms were wrapped around my small body. "I love your hair." He nuzzled his face into my hair and smiled against my bare neck.

"How long was I out?" I asked gently as I shifted on his lap.

"Half an hour. I counted." He sounded proud and I played with his hair. "Everyone else is outside giving speeches about Beth and Hannah." Nodding I pulled him into a hug.

"Have you talked about them?" I felt him shake his head and bury it further into my shoulder. "You should. Just to release them." Josh shook his head again and I felt wetness drip against my bare shoulder.

"I don't want them to be gone!" He was now sobbing into my shoulder. I felt bad as I caressed his back and played with his hair. "Both my sisters are gone! Two out of the four girls I love!" His sobs were heart breaking to me as I realized the two girls left were me and his mother.

"Sorry to interupt but Mrs. Washington wants to know if Josh is going to speak before his sisters are laid to rest." Sam's sad face peeked into the limo. She was quite sad and had tear trails on her face. You could tell she was the last one before Josh if he was going to speak. "I'll wait outside." With that she closed the door and I was left in silence with the occasional sob from Josh.

"This is your chance." I whispered into Josh's ear. "You can speak now or forever hold those words. Which is it?" When he finally answered I couldn't help but smile.

"I'll speak." His voice was soft and I almost missed it. "But you have to go up there and hold my hand." I laughed lightly. He knew I'd never give up a chance to hold his amazing hands.

"Anything for you, Josh." I said as I wiped the tears from his beautiful emerald green eyes. Slowly we exited the limo and I smiled at Sam who still stood outside before the gates of the cemetery. It only took a minute or so to walk Josh up to the podium beside his sister's new resting place. I could tell he was on the verge of tears by just the tiny scrunch to his handsome face.

"I know that all of you knew Beth and or Hannah and that's why you're here." His voice was rough from the crying he had done. "My sisters were amazing. Beautiful girls who would do anything to protect each other." My hand wrapped around his and I felt him squeeze tightly. "And I know that all of you will never forget their beautiful faces but please try to forget the horrific events." That was it. Josh pulled me from the podium and turned to face the two.

"Wait!" I yelled as they put straps around Beth's coffin. Originally the Washingtons had decided that they would keep Hannah's ashes but right now I think Beth needed Hannah more than the Washington's did. Rushing up I grabbed the container and made sure the clamps were on tight.

"Lee..." Josh called in a depressed tone. I know he couldn't handle having Hannah's ashes on the mantle everyday. Gently I opened Beth's coffin and placed a soft kiss on her bruised face before wrapping her lifeless hands around the container.

"You need to take care of her." I whispered as I closed the coffin and stepped back letting the machine pick up the coffin and lower it into the ground. One by one we all dropped our flowers and a handful of dirt onto the coffin.

Relationships:

Mike: 3/10

Matt: 5/10

Ashley: 3/10

Josh: 10/10

Sam: 7/10

Emily: 2/10

Jess: 1/10

Chris: 3/10

Traits:

Honest: 6/10

Charitable: 4/10

Funny: 0/10

Brave: 0/10

Romantic: 3/10

Curious: 4/10  

~A/N 5 votes for the next chapter?~