Chapter 3 pt.2

Lourdes

"Trey I have sickle cell!!"

He just stood there.

"How long have you known you had it?" He said sternly.

"A week"

"And you just now telling me!! People die from that shit Lo!"

"I know, I know, I just didn't know how to tell you"

"All you had to do was fucking tell me! The shit is simple! And what does this have to do with the baby?!"

"My doctor said its a high risk that I'm putting me and my baby's life in danger, he said I could have a miscarriage or pre-term labor, I don't want myself or my baby to suffer"

"Do you hear yourself?! All you saying is "my "my" "my"!, it's not all about you! That's my child too and I have a say so in what happens and I'm saying that you're not getting a abortion! That shit is dead! So you can get that bullshit out of yo goddamn head now!"

I stood there with tears streaming down my face. He doesn't understand, he's not the one fighting this disease, I am.

"Trey y-you don't understand! This is my body, I'm the one fighting it not you! I don't want to suffer! I don't want my baby to suffer! And plus this isn't a good time for a baby right now, you're going on tour next week! Everything is just bad timing!"

"Fuck that tour! I cancel it or put it on hold until things get better, we can research this sickle cell shit and find out everything we need to know, but you are not getting an abortion that's just not a option"

I didn't have the strength to argue back, all of this is so tiring. He pulled me into his arms and I cried into his chest, this is definitely my punishment. I don't wanna abort my baby but at the end of the day that may be my only option.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
COMMENT
VOTE
SHARE