Chapter Eleven: If Sorry Could Fix Everything

Start from the beginning

 “Twilight, it signals the end of the old day and the beginning of a new one.” I answered her causing her to look away from father and at me.

  “I didn’t save her. I only step in because it held my interest at the time but understand this, whether she lives or die is all the same to me.”

 “How can you say that?” I whispered feeling sad at the coldness in her voice. I felt even more horrible knowing how truth what she said was. She looked back out at the sky and spoke without looking at me.

 “How can I not say that?” She returned my question coldly.

 I didn’t say anything, I couldn’t say anything. I only gaze at her as she watched the sky.

 “An eternal twilight.” I jumped from hearing her voice bringing me back from my thoughts.

 “What?” I asked.

“I am living in an eternal twilight. The old day will never pass which means the new one can never come either.” Before I could say anything she disappeared leaving us all to gape at the empty space she once occupied more confused than ever!

Reality came crashing down as mother fought and cried for her kids. I looked around feeling nauseated at the gruesome scene in front of me. I couldn’t believe my sister and brother were just torn before my eyes. I didn’t even have the tears or strength to cry, I was numb and cold. I felt like the world was crashing down on me all at once and I couldn’t stop it or slow it down.

I felt hands dragging me somewhere but I was lost in my despair. The only sound that seemed to penetrate my bleakness was the painful and miserable cries of my mother.

 I felt someone sitting me down on a chair but the gasp from everyone brought me back from my thoughts. I looked to where they were staring with their mouth hanging open. Primula was sitting off to the side. All around me were pack members crying as the alphas and betas try to sooth them.

 My mother sobbing stopped as she gave Primula an excusing look.

“It’s all your fault. You killed them!” she screamed. Primula didn’t even flinch or react to her words. She only gazed at mom with a bored look on her face like the conversation was annoying to her.

“Honey she saved you!” dad tried to calm his wife down. It was shocking how different he was being towards her.

“So you are Primula?” Aurora interrupted their conversation walking towards Primula who was now staring at him with a frown on her face.

“You wanted to see me,” she told him in a flat voice.

“Yes-” he stopped, staring at her with wide eyes. “I don’t understand, I thought you were a werewolf!?” he demanded.

He turned back to us. “Did she have a wolf?” I stared at him like he was stupid. She does have a wolf. At least I think she does. I never once saw her change into a wolf so I wasn’t sure. A cold sinking feeling came over me as I listened to father answer his question.

“I think she did, I could sense it. but…” he trailed of gazing at Primula who was now staring of to the side completely ignoring our conversation.

“…but now I can’t. I don’t know she’s seemed different now!” Aurora turned back to me.

“Jebidiah…” I knew what he was asking so I closed my eyes speaking to my wolf.

Can you speak to Primula’s wolf?

I tried but I can’t feel or sense her. He said sadly.