Ch. 10

few days later*
I looked out at the growing dawn. All the nightmares drifting to sleep but I couldn't. I felt something calling me soft faint almost desperate. I waited until deamonsong always the last to sleep finally settled into sleep before moving. Slipping swiftly through the herd I made it to the entrance and looking back once left. I took in the sun rising beauty. "Today begins a new day" I whispered to no one before takin off. I entered a town after an hour or so and it was so so quite. I passed people and yet no one saw me I remembered this. Yet they all seemed so so tired. Children who would usually laugh and dash about sagged glumly together. Adults dragged through the day cars driving so slow it was almost turtle paced. "What has happened?" I asked confused. I wandered hoping to find some clue but found nothing. I did find one little ice sprite who trembled when I asked her what had happened to the people. "Father of darkness ruler of evil" the frightened sprite said before racing off. That left me more confused than before so I wandered around.  I stopped and rested beside a willow it's long branches hiding me. That's when I heard voices. "She said she would be here! We have to find her." I heard a voice say so familiar. "Wait it's falina one of my sprites I sent here!" Another voice said. I heard whispers and the voice of the little sprite I ha talked to. "Lily was here not to long ago. She has no clue what has happened and seemed distressed about something. She must have saw the town." The voice said. "You are right jack. If she's out she must have been drawn by the light  and is alone. Out stepped two boys one with black hair and the other with white. They seemed familiar but I just couldn't think of who they were. Suddenly a breeze picked up putting me upwind of the two. "Jack someone is in the willow over there." The black haired boy said. Jack nodded and the black haired boy shifted into a large wolf and they ran at me I pulled out my arrows and bow and took aim letting one fly. It lanes I front of them as a warning. But I did draw out a little knife I took to carrying around. They paused but then kept at me. I had to fight. I really hate violence but they left no choice. I tried to run but was cut off by a wall of ice. Then I felt ice under my feet as I slipped and fell. I was dazed and the boys stood over me. "Lily? Just great we find her and then knock her out! I should have known!" The black haired boy started shouting. "Fenris calm down we didn't know. You alright lily?" The boy jack asked. I blinked before frowning. Pitch said they were bad which would be why they attacked but why were they concerned about me? "Wait here this might help!" Fenris said holding out my snowflake. "Pitch was right you guys are evil taking a girls jewelry!" I snapped. "We didn't.." Jack started. "I don't care leave me be I haven't done anything to you!" I shouted ignoring debris coming up behind me. Suddenly I felt my necklace back on sending a cold shiver down my spine I felt something. Being absorbed by the necklace and I felt lighter happier. "Jack? Fenris? What what happened?" I asked holding my head. "Pitch got you. Nightmares took over the stars are failing and so is manny nothing we did could stop them. We do have the halfling though." Fenris's said handing me back my bow from where it had fallen when I slipped. "Night heart! Thank goodness she's ok! She's the key to keeping the balance between a night mare and a good dream. And the reason why they are shunned by both nightmares and Sandy's creatures." I explained. "I'm just glad we finally got you back. Now we can defeat pitch. We don't have much time either the stars were almost gone and manny could barely speak!" Jack said hurriedly. "Really? I caused all this didn't I. I'm a horrible guardian." I said softly. "No your not lily." Fenris said. "Yes I am I was swayed by the dark. I couldn't fight it." I sighed. "You know that you are like the halfling? Half light half dark. It is why you are guardian of the Mystics why all creatures bow to you. Without something to contain the darkness in of course you would be swayed easier then other guardians. For some reason that necklace I gave you when you were little draws out the darkness. Now are you ready to face the others?" Jack said pulling me into a hug. I nodded and fenris shifted into a dragon and I leapt  up  while jack flew besides us towards Norths home. Unknown to us yellow eyes watched from the shadows before fading away.