four ➢ high quality khakis

Niall Horan

"What the hell happened to you?" Louis exclaimed as I sat down next to him with my tray of mashed potatoes and gravy at the lunch table we normally occupied.

"A senior." I sneered, not really in the mood to talk about it.

"Oh saucy, which one?" Louis pressed, wiggling his eyebrows.

"You say this as if it's a good thing that I almost got beaten up in a hallway two periods ago." I retort.

Louis laughs, "Okay, okay, are you alright, Niall?"

I shrugged, playing around with my mashed potatoes, "I suppose. Still can't believe I got trashed because I wouldn't give Malik the answers to the test."

Louis' eyes went wide at this. "Malik? As in Zayn Malik, the senior and the captain of the footie team Malik?!" Louis yelled a little bit too loud.

I kicked his shin harshly under the table, "Shut up!" I whisper-yelled at him. "You're being way too loud!"

"Nialler," he started with a tiny smirk, "When am I not loud?"

Rolling my eyes, I took another scoop of my mashed potatoes. "And to answer you, yes, that Zayn Malik. There's only one."

"He's not one to mess with, trust me." He stated with a soft chuckle as he dug into his ham sandwich.

"And how would you know?" I question, my brows raised in suspicion.

He shrugged. "I dunno. Just don't mess with him again, I don't like seeing you get hurt." He frowned.

I sighed, "Lou, I wasn't just going to let him cheat off of me. That's not fair."

"You're right." Louis contemplates, "Just try and watch what you say, I know your sass comes alive in the worst of times, Niall." He shot a playful wink and nudged my shoulder from across the table.

I laughed. "Whatever Louis, I'll have you know-"

"Hey."

That simple word interrupted the both of us and we both averted our eyes to Liam Payne, who was also a senior. He, Zayn, and Harry were all apart of the same 'squad' if you will. Louis and I started at him dumbfounded. We both didn't know what to say. No one really ever talked to us.

"H-Hi, Liam." Louis managed to get out as his tan cheeks started to turn pink; he was flustered and I could tell.

"Hey, Louis!" Liam chirped, sliding in to a seat next to Louis. He slung his arm over Louis' shoulder and I couldn't help but coo.

Lilo is so cute.

"Hi Liam," Louis repeated once again, his cheeks now fully blushed.

"Hi Niall," I cut in, greeting myself as I looked between the both of them, chewing on some green beans that the lunch lady dumped on my tray.

Louis gave me a playful glare. I smirked at him.

"Aren't you two cozy," I send a wink at Louis. This time, he kicks my shin under the table and I cave over.