Chapter 39

Laura's POV

By the time its morning, Danny and I have burned off all of that extra energy. We head back to the cabin to see that my father's already in the kitchen, making food.

"Hey, sweetheart. Bacon and eggs sound good to you?"

"It sounds great, dad. Thanks."

Dad walks over and kisses my cheek before returning to the stove. "I'm making enough for everyone. Do you know when those two will wake up?"

"LaF should be up anytime, and we don't know when Kirsch will wake up."

"Is he okay?" My dad asks, concerned.

I glance pleadingly at Carmilla (I really don't know if he's going to be fine and Carmilla might know), who takes over. "He should be okay, sir. He's just recovering after being bitten."

"Did the Dean...?"

"No, that was Xena here. She had just turned and couldn't control herself." Carmilla turns to Danny. "Not your fault, Beanstalk."

"Alright. Maybe he'll wake up when he smells my bacon." Dad says, chuckling.

I nod. "That's how he used to get me up in the morning. He bribed me with bacon."

"Cutie, in the time I've known you, you've always woken up from six to seven in the morning every morning."

"And that's how I got in the habit of waking up early."

Carmilla and I stop talking when we hear a groan. We turn to see Kirsch getting up, yawning.

"Hey, bros." Kirsch gives us that lopsided smile. "Why are you all staring at me like that?"

Danny runs over and hugs him. "Don't you ever do that again, nitwit."

Kirsch is smiling happily now and pumps his fist. "D-Bear, what'd I do? The last thing I remember is making out with you, and then everything went kind of fuzzy. That was some kiss, man."

"You made me think you were dead." Danny says, pulling away from him.

"Bro. Why'd you think that? I mean, you were the one that was dead. And then Perry got kinda scary and said gibberish and the bam! You were alive again. It was like some freaky Frankenstein thing."

"Kirsch, I'm a vampire now."

"No way! Did scary-hottie turn you?" He asks, leaning forward.

"No, she turned me." I tell him.

"Dude. Why?"

"I was poisoned and was going to die so she turned me."

Kirsch holds out his fist to Carmilla. "Nice."

Carmilla reluctantly fist bumps him. "It's nice to see you awake and alive, beefcake."

"Same here. Hey," he looks around the room. "Where is here? I mean, it doesn't look like Silas."

"It's not. It's Carm's cabin."

"Cabin? Bro, I didn't know you're loaded." Carmilla just shrugs. "Is that Papa Hollis?" I look at him, surprised. How could he tell? "He looks like you. But, like, older. And a man. Is that bacon?"

"Yes it is." Dad hands him a plate.

"I'm loving your dad, little nerd hottie." Kirsch says through a mouthful of bacon.

Dad passes out plates with bacon and eggs to everyone. The smell wakes LaF up, too and they eat sleepily. By the time they're finished, they're fully awake.