Act Like You Love Me

A/N: Hey! So I'm sorry for not updating for like, a century or so. I was really busy with schoolwork. Anyway, I'm back, and I hope you enjoy this Shawn Mendes-inspired imagine! (And also the aDORABLE PICTURE ABOVE OH DEAR)

•••

He played the chords on his guitar as soft as the wind blew across his cheeks, grinning as he imagined his true love sitting in front of him, hair messed and looking at him play.

-

"You can't do this. You can't. I know you love me, (Y/N). Don't make me suffer like this," he pleaded as he was already on his knees, a river streaming down his cheeks. "Don't."

"So what will I do? Pretend that I love you just to satisfy you? I'm done, Patrick. I don't love you, and I hope you find it in your heart that you don't like me." She took both of her bags and walked away, letting her former-lover fall to the floor and hit his head. It hurt, but the emotions he were feeling were worse.

"At least stay the night. You can't leave me like this."

He lifted his weak body up and pushed his glasses up, hugging the lady in front of him. A sigh escaped her lips as she dropped the bags and hugged back.

"For your sake."

So you leave tomorrow,
Just sleep the night.
I promise I will make things right.

She woke up in his bed, her former-lover missing. She scanned the room for any sign of him but all she got was a sticky note on her phone.

Come downstairs, xx Patrick

She sighed at his attempt of a surprise and did as the paper told. There, he was covered in dough from head to toe, giggling at the mess he's made.

"Good morning," he greeted as soon as he saw her. A smile crawled on her face as soon as guilt and anger to herself was rising. He was adorable. She knew he couldn't let him suffer like this. The least she could do was try to love him.

"Good morning, too."

"I made you breakfast, Love." He scooped up the food from the pan and put it on the plate. She thanked him and proceeded to eating, but Patrick had other plans. "Don't eat yet."

"Why?" she asked with a mouthful of food.

"Because I haven't took a picture of you yet."

"Look, as much as I don't want to break your heart, I don't love you anymore. You can't act like I'm still yours."

"I could try."

I'll make you breakfast the way you like,
before you leave tomorrow,
Just let me try.
Before you leave tomorrow,
before you say goodbye.

"You know this isn't going to work. Just let me leave already. This whole 'we can go back and play pretend' thing you're pulling off is annoying the hell out of me," she said, pushing a tone of annoyance in her voice.

"Just let me try, (Y/N)! I'm trying my best to please you, but you don't even match to the effort I'm making!"

"It's because I don't even want to do this anymore! Just let me go!"

He sighed. "Okay. Just one last hug."

She did as told and stayed like that, just in his warm embrace that she knew wasn't going to last or be felt for forever.

Stay here and lay here right here right in my arms,
it's only a moment before you're gone.
And I am keeping you warm.

-

"So act like you love me so I can go on," he strummed, remembering the heartbreak from three years ago. How he wished that she was there, still. But that was impossible.