Chp. 14 - Unexpected Arrival

What had I done? made things worse that's what, I mean asking him for his blood was extreme but then going and making out with him afterwards was a definite set back. He made me tingly and warm and in his arms I feel safe, like it's where I belong but is it the same for him? A part of me feels like it's ready to have Holden back in my life but the other part keeps reminding me of his betrayal, my stupidity, the feelings I have for Cooper and the fact I had sex with Kyle. Not that it should matter, how many girls has Holden slept with?

I was curled up in my bed, hiding from the world and the mistakes I wish I could take back, replaying them over and over again in my mind until my head starts to hurt. I decided to ditch school today, my parents would never know and Amber wouldn't tell on me. I thought being home alone would be a good thing, but instead theirs silence and it leaves me alone with my thoughts and I instantly regret not going to school. 

Holden has already asked me three times where was I? What am I up to? but he already knew, since last night everything has been stronger even my wolf wants to play more often, the sexual drive inside me is burning bigger and brighter than it had in the past and I'm afraid about what it could do to me. So removing myself from any sexual indulgences would have to be the best move at this point, staying away from Kyle, staying away from Cooper and definitely staying away from Holden, seeing as he is all my wolf can think about.

The bed is warm from my body heat, the sheets are worn and soft, it's autumn now and soon winter, where the snow will set in and humans were stay indoors by fires or electric heaters and I can stay in my bed without any added warmth and still feel content. \

Do you want me to come over?

Holden's voice appeared in my head again, he knew my feelings, and exactly where I was so he knew the answer but every emotion he was having wanted me right beside him, he wanted me in his arms, on his lips and in his bed. Typical Male. But then again, didn't I want the same thing?

No. I Just need a break.

And that was it, no more talk, just feeling and watching, he was upset by my rejection and worried about what I must be going through. He was with Cooper and Roland hanging in the parking lot by their cars while school life continued on, Roland was smoking while Cooper was casually leaning up against his car, plain white tee and loose fitting jeans, his hair all ruffled. He looked hot.

"Lily ok?" I heard Roland ask, Holden just shrugged,

"I guess so, she hasn't told me otherwise, why?" Roland raised an eyebrow at Holden, he knew, he knew about what happened last night and from the look on Coopers face he did as well. Was nothing a secret anymore? I haven't told anybody and he's just gone and blabbed about the biggest thing that's happened to us since the him and amber incident which wasn't that long ago.

"Dude, you know she can like hear, see and feel everything Holden's feeling?" Cooper smiled at Roland when his face went ghostly white, it surprised me I have never seen Roland lose his cool before.

I burst out laughing and I felt Holden smile, he was happy I was happy and that made my heart break, what a bitch I have turned out to be.

"Don't worry, I think you're fine" Holden reassured Roland he put out his cigerette and mumbled something under his breath before jumping on his bike and skip school.

"You going to see her?" Cooper asked, I could hear the pain in his voice, Cooper was a good guy, one of the best guys I've ever met and I was hurting him, I was hurting everyone lately and I need to stop.

"No, she says she wants to be left alone".

*******

I woke up an hour later to the sound of glass breaking, my wolf jumped inside of me, wanting to be released and kill however dared threaten her. But I managed to contain some of her, my nails extended and my canines slipped out. Jumping out of bed I landed with light feet, luckily I was in appropriate attire for killing someone.

Quietly slipping down the stairs, I hear footsteps and voices,

"Taylor said she wasn't at school" one of the men whispered,

Hunters. She growled and grew more impatient.

"Just because she isn't at school doesn't mean she's at home, her car is not here" the other man replied. That's because I loaned it to mom after she took hers in to get repaired.

"Let's just plant them and get out" Plant? Were they gardening?

Idiot. she snapped at me. If I could hit her I would.

Inching closer to the kitchen I could hear three men, and smell them too, they reeked highly of BO and that is when I realised they were nervous and afraid, they had the smell about them. I searched through my mind to see if Holden was paying attention, which of course he wasn't.

"Go check if the hallways clear if you're so afraid" one of the hissed and before I had time to hide the footsteps were at the door way, kicking one in the face he fell unconscious instantly but the other two were on me, pulling out daggers and cross bows I hid behind one of the foyer pillars before another arrow got lodged in me again.

"I told you" One shouted at the other and they charged for pillar, grabbing one guys hand, I pushed his arm until I heard a cracking sound and his screams of pain. But before I could do further damage, the other lodged a blade in my shoulder, screaming I swung around and hit him. Kneeling to the floor I gripped the handle of the blade, crush my eyelids together and clench my teeth, yanking the blade out my shoulder.

"Silver" I mumbled, feeling the raw burning sensation silver did to werewolves. I wasn't paying much attention, but when I heard two loud thumps, I crouched behind one of the pillars again, gripping the handle of the blade waiting to strike.

"Lily? Lily!" I heard my name said my a voice I recognise, a voice I loved, shooting out from behind the pillar I fling myself into Cole's arms. His muscled ones wrapped around me tight as if to protect me from the harm that will later follow what happened here.

I pulled back away from him and scanned over him, no blood or broken bones not even a hair out of place, he was one hundred percent Cole, from the mop styled black hair, sapphire blue eyes, fair skin and those worn out combat boots.

"What's that?" he asks pointing to the blade,

"SIlver, leaves a nasty bite" I turned and showed him the place the blade entered.

His hands were cool against my skin as he managed to clean away the excess blood and put a clean patch over it, which I can take off by later this afternoon.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, hardly able to keep the excitment out of my voice,

"I wanted to see you" he looked like he had more to say, "and pack business, your Alpha wanted to meet with mine, but he's a little preoccupied so he sent me in his stead" it made sense, even if the alpha wasn't reoccupied most alpha's send their Beta's incase the other pack plans on harming them in one way or another, you can always get another Beta, which is a cruel way of looking at it.

"Well I'm glad he did, it feels like I haven't see in you in ages" I say unable to keep the smile off my face.

"Well you haven't, hows Holden going?" he questioned, I knew he was going too, it was just a fact, Cole said he only had my wellbeing on his mind and last time I saw him well it was more like my worstbeing.

"Fine, things are fine between us, we've resolved our issues" even I could tell he was buying that everything was completely fine between us.

"Fine?" he repeated, raising his eyebrow,

"Ok maye not fine, but ok. Things have happened that you wouldn't approve of" his lips hardened and I knew he would want to know all of it.

"Like what?" he glowered,

"We shared blood".

_______________

Sorry it took so long guys, I can't promise the nest one will come sooner.

But I love and thank you all for your patience.

like and comment

hugs and kisses xoxo