Chapter 13

I woke up to the sun beaming down on me, causing a slight smile to spread on my face. I yawned, sitting up in the bed slowly. I looked next to me to see Ray gone, but then I heard the shower going so I knew he was showering. I instantly smiled just thinking about him and that night before.

I ended up staying the night with Rayan that night. And before y'all assume anything, no we did not have sex. We just shared an intimate moment together. Kissing maybe even a little touching, but we didn't take it that far.

That day was amazing. Just thinking about it had me smiling like a little kid at the candy store. Rayan just made me feel like such a princess that day. The gifts, the sweet talking. It all made me feel special. He went through all that for little ol'me and I was the one being hard on me. That all really opened my eyes. I really thought Rayan might just be the one. Hey may be different from the rest.

Wrong.

His phone began to ring, knocking me out my thoughts. I sat up all the way in the bed, fluffing my hair with my hands.

"Babe, your phones ringing." I yelled to him as the shower went off.

"Look at that for me baby." He yelled back, causing me to grin.

I walked over to the nightstand, grabbing his phone. There were a few missed calls and a few text. This one text is what caught my eye. It was a text from no one-other than Zonnique saying:

I let out a low breath, trying not to let her irritate me or get me on the wrong track that morning

I let out a low breath, trying not to let her irritate me or get me on the wrong track that morning. He said they were friends and him being my boyfriend, I had to take his words and trust him.

He walked out the bathroom dressed in basketball shorts, Nike socks and flip flops. I handed him his phone taking a seat back on the bed. He quickly read the message and replied.

"We're just friends so you ain't gotta be worried about no text." Ray said, leaning down and kissing my forehead.

"I'm not worried at all." I admitted.

"Why your face looking like that than?"He said while putting on deodorant.

"My face not looking like nothing. I mean, I don't like the fact that she's texting you, but I'm not tripping. You said y'all friends and I'm taking your word. I'm not tripping about it babe, really." I said with a grin before pecking his lips.

He just gave me a cute smirk before going over to his dresser and searching for some clothes. I quickly went into the bathroom so I could wash my face and brush my teeth.

It was early and I was over here in his hotel room. We had to be on the rode at 8 which meant I needed to put some pep in my step. I still had to go pack.

After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I changed back into my clothes and grabbed all the gifts Ray bought me. I walked over to him as he stood in the mirror and wrapped my arms around him.