CHAPTER 25: The Meeting Part 2

Chapter 24

"The Meeting [B]"

***

NORMAL POV

He was worried.

Okay. That was an understatement.

He was more of afraid and nervous and panicky and sweating at the same time.

Here he is, waiting for the whole minutes but there's nobody here except for Anna. His heart moved in a nervy way.

He doesn't want Anna to know that he was waiting for someone - chat-mate that he'd just met in Youtube to be certain.

It was embarrassing to say the least. Thinking that he was about to meet someone that he doesn't even any clue on how she looks.

He isn't sure if she was a she either.

He paced back and forth on the bridge. He was already waiting for fifteen minutes but still, nothing.

He chanced a quick glance to Anna. And then, his heart quickened as soon as he heard the footsteps.

Nathaniel was stunned to see Crystal, daughter of the head assistant and one of their family friends. Is she the same person he was expecting?

Crystal smiled when she noticed that he was there.

"Yo, Miel," She said before him. "Hindi ko ineexpect to see you here."

If this person is the one, he was clueless on what to do.

He never expected Crystal to be fond of meeting someone that she doesn't know.

She's reserved and modest in unison. He couldn't picture her meeting someone she just met online. On second thought, so was he.

But he was still uncertain.

"Ako rin," Nathaniel said as he tried to give her his usual smile. He really tried. "W-what are you doing here?"

"Oh. I have to meet someone here," She said.

He stiffened. So Crystal was the one, then.

"Really?" He grinned, glancing to Anna's direction to see if she was listening.

He was pleased when he saw that she was focused on her book. "I think you're the one that I was waiting for kanina pa. So, what do you think about Kamoteng Kahoy?"

"What?" Crystal laughed – it was in between of disbelief and amusement. "What do I think about Kamoteng Kahoy? What are you talking about, Miel?"

He blinked.

Ohh.

If that's her reaction, then she's not the one.

The panicking chickens inside his mind puffed a relief sigh.

"I – ah," He scratched his head and then he chuckled. "Nagugutom na kasi ako. Parang gusto kong kumain ng... kamoteng kahoy ngayon,"

He saw Crystal's unsure smile. "A-as you say,"

He smiled as well.

But he was pleased deep inside.

He doesn't know what to act if ever she's the same person he was waiting for.

"Oh, hey, andyan na pala sila," Crystal exclaimed, looking at the same place where she entered.

There were four students.

The three of them were greeting Crystal while the remaining one didn't move.