2: Autumn Leaves

Hey, well I hope you like this one, I don’t have much to say except video on the side is The Wolves by Ben Howard, its only there because its called the wolves and I love it! :D Listen to it, but after you’ve read my chapter haha :D 

Enjoy 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emily Grace 

That’s what they’re supposed to think, we hide so well that the locals don’t even know we exist around here. It seems like the kind of place you’d find wolves. My pack are very secretive in its hunting activity, we hunt, we eat, we hide. We hide ourselves and the evidence. No one knows we’re here. 

I feel like a lie, no one knows the real me, not my friends, not my teachers, no one. Only my pack. 

“I want to see them again.” Amy smiled, thrusting her drawing at me.

“What?” I swallowed hard. “No you can’t, I mean- you shouldn’t Amy,”  

“It was exciting, it made me feel,” She thought about ways to finish her sentence.

“How?” I asked, I knew how it feel to be with a wolf, it could be incredible, it could be beautiful, or it could be a nightmare, it just depends who the wolf was. 

“Different,” She got that right, it just didn’t think it was a good kind of different. 

“Good or bad different?” I asked, I knew her answer would be the opposite of mine. Even if she knew what I was she wouldn’t understand the wolves. They aren’t bad creature, just most of my pack are. 

“Good, definitely.” She slurped her milkshake again. 

“You don’t know what they’re capable of,” I was worried about her, he she started investing the pack, she might find out our secret and that would mean…she gets killed or bitten. But because she doesn’t have any of the gene, the change might not working which would also result in her death. Because the whole pack has had the gene passed on through mothers or fathers we already have part of the gene, the bite just seals the package causing the change. 

“Yeah, and you do,” I did know what they could do, I did it. I’ve witnessed the worst of there violence first hand, and there was nothing I could do to stop them.

“Well, no, not exactly, I mean,” I couldn’t get the message across to her. She was my best friend. I cant lie, it would show. 

“That’s my point. What if we’ve got these creatures all wrong. I think they’re quite peaceful actually.” 

“Even if they were harmless, you can’t prove it. No one would believe you.” I had to stop her new obsession before it got out of hand. Amy was one of those people who went through phases. One day, she would be obsessed with one thing and another the next. 

“What if we could prove it,” I could imagine the inappropriate light bulb above her head. 

“No,” I stated firmly

“We could write logs about their behaviour and the movement in the pack, oh and their hunting activity.” She was already scribbling notes in her notebooks, she was writing so fast I couldn’t see what it was. She was spilling the ideas from her mind to the paper so gracefully, this is why I loved Amy, I just wished she was writing about something else. 

“No,” I said again. 

“You’re such a party pooper.” She teased. 

“I’m not doing it on purpose,” She looked at me doubtfully. “I just don’t want to get caught up in the wolves. You don’t know what yourself into here.” I was trying to act like I didn’t either.