Liner Note 27

LINER NOTE #27

OMG WHAT

Worst Album Covers of All Time. (see the link below in comment)

(No comment, the images speak for themselves?)

  SLASH GOGGLES

For those who don't know the term "slash goggles," it refers to the penchant of certain folks (like me) to see gay relationships in tv/movie characters and celebrities where in reality no homosexuality might exist. "Slash" is a kind of fanfiction that often pairs character together who aren't paired in the canon of a tv show, movie, or book.

One of the inspirations for DGC, of course, was the fact that music videos of the 1980s were packed with images that could be interpreted as homoerotic. (Google "gayest videos of the eighties" and you will come up with multiple blog posts and lists!) Some of them were intentional (see: Wham, Culture Club, Queen, and perhaps the shot of David Bowie and Mick Jagger, who were repeatedly described by Angie Bowie on talk shows as having spent the night together) while others were probably not intentional. (In hair metal alone see: Poison, Ratt, Motley Crue...)

But anyway, have you seen this picture of Joe Perry and Steven Tyler? ( Link below in Comments)

Something about that photo got my slash goggles steamed up.

When Tyler was a judge on American Idol, apparently Joe Perry showed up on his birthday to surprise him, hence the photo. Everything I've read or seen in documentaries about the relationship between Tyler and Perry makes me think it's a fascinating one. Even if there's zero sexual component to it, it still sounds fascinating. I should probably look into them more.

Can anyone recommend a good book on Aerosmith?

SOUND-ALIKES

And lastly, I picked a few more sound-alikes for you.

First up, the Black Keys, "Lonely Boy": Top of page, the rest of the sound alike links will be listed in the Comments section below: 

Now take a listen to the Screaming Blue Messiahs, "I Wanna Be A Flintstone."

Or how about Imagine Dragons, "It's Time"?

Compare to The Cure, "Fascination Street," especially if you start the video from 0:39...

  OK. Time for me to run. Story continues over in Book 7! 

**************************************************************************

 Please remember to "vote for" this story on Wattpad! And if you've enjoyed reading it, please tell your friends to come read, too!