You're Mine & I'm Yours

Marceline’s P O V

Maz?

“Yeah?” his eyes immediately looked at my lips.

That kiss, umm, what was it like?

“That kiss was per-”

“Knock knock!! Hey Marceline how are you feeling?” asked Sam.

Sam, Bridget; how are you guys? And I’m fine thanks, just a little altercation.

“What happened Celi?” asked Bri worriedly.

Have a seat you two, it’s not gonna be easy to take.

They nodded and sat down. I began telling them my story again and kept Maz’s name out of it. I could see him in the corner of my eye; looking down at the floor. I guess he felt guilty for all of this and I’m such a jerk for making him feel that way.

“So what about your friend, are they alright?” asked Sam.

They are perfectly fine, and I can tell they feel guilty for what has happened to me but it’s alright. They aren’t used to those types of circumstances. In all honesty, I should be apologizing to them, for putting their lives at risk. My friend is amazing but they shouldn’t be facing ‘near death experiences’.

“Where’s your friend now?” asked Bri.

Well, my friend is-

“I’m the friend she’s talking about” Maz said in a sorrow tone.

“Oi mate! All this crazy shit happens and you don’t mention anything to me?! The two of you could’ve gotten killed!!” Sam yelled.

Sam, please don’t yell at him. It isn’t Maz’s fault. He was worried about me and well he kinda didn’t know it was me to begin with.

Both of them looked confused.

*sigh* there’s more to this.

I told them how I would disguise myself whenever I would go out and paint. Bridget looked like she fell in love. She thought of this whole scenario as a romantic novel. Sam on the other hand, looked really worried and sad. As if I laid here on my death bed.

It isn’t Maz’s fault. I needed to protect him. Had I not put up a fight, we would both be in here or worse, dead.

Sam stood up.

“I’m sorry mate. You’re my bestie so you should know how that is” Sam gave Maz a side hug.

Maz didn’t say anything, he kept looking down.

“It’s cool man” finally Maz spoke.

“But you’re okay now right? You’re not gonna die or anything” Bri asked.

No I’m not gonna die, I’m perfectly fine. I smiled.

“That’s good, well as selfish as this sounds; me and Bridget are gonna go have lunch with her parents. We gotta go guys, call me whenever you’re out of the hospital; we must have a celebration, cool?” said Sam.

That’s fine, I’m sleepy anyway. Have fun you two and good luck with the ‘in-laws’. I’ll call both of you to let you guys now alright? Bye-bye.

“Before I go, I didn’t mean to break in or anything but since you’ve been in the hospital; I decided to get some clothes from your place. I hope you don’t mind. I mean since you’ll be discharged soon, I want you to look cute and all” Bri winked.