XVIII

Phase

"Yona! How could you - I was afraid for you!" Emperor Il shouted to the still mounted me. He looked quite amusing when I saw him running towards the grounds. "You could have fallen at that kind of speed!" He started to scold me but I remained light-hearted.

"I'm quite alright father, as you can see before you. I know how to ride a horse and am quite proficient in it so you don't have to worry about anything." I explained.

"But still!"

"I'll be going for a second run with Kuri." I said and proceeded to move the reigns so that he would start moving. Kuri followed without second thought. I was soon farther away although still within the training grounds.

"YOONAA!" My father's voice resounded but I ignored it and begun my run. "THIS - THIS - IS SHE STARTING HER REBELLIOUS PHASE?!" He asked quite loudly to the servant beside him. The servant must have said something but I didn't hear it since I was busy feeling the rush of the wind. Soon, I heard two masculine voices beside me.

"Heh, to think you could ride this fast." Hak spoke up.

"I like to surprise people. Besides, it's my sixteenth birthday soon so I think I'm allowed some leeway from father's usual orders." I responded.

"So, how long are we going to be running away from your father?" Soo-Won inerjected. I turned back to him.

"Maybe a little while longer. I'll handle his scolding later." I giggled at the thought of our confrontation.