What I Can't Say....What You Should Know

PLEASE PEOPLE COMMENTS/VOTES ANY TYPE OF SUPPORT IS WELCOME

I'm probably the coolest person you'll ever meet. Really! I am. But you've probably heard what people say about me, so friends are hard to make especially when you've got 3 things riding against you:

1. I'm a freshman at San Rosa High

2. I'm almost always sick

3. Oh yeah, I can see ghosts. And they know it. So does half the school.

Studies say that young children have the ability to see the dead, the problem is I never stopped.  My grandmother tells me its because I always get so sick so easy that its like I belong to that world more than this one, but I can't quite be there, and I feel it sometimes, it's like I'm straddling a line between this world and the next and the sicker I get the more connected I feel to that world, sometimes it feels like its calling me.

And as I got up to go to school. I took one look in the mirror and said what I say every morning.

''Another perfect day''

So I took the obligatory shower, and commenced the brushing of the teeth, when I felt the tingle at the back of my neck that signaled the arrival of one of my ghosts.

''Hello jello, may I say you look especially fabulous today'' I rolled my eyes, though glad for the ego boost, he was gay and dead. And gay.

''Hello Wiggy, hows the afterlife?'' I said turning to look at him. Or his spirit, or soul, or whatever, I'm not sure what to call it. Wiggy was average height, with a cut body, and dirty blonde hair. Thing is you can't always tell an actual person from a ghost, well I could, but normal people couldnt, its in my opinion that people saw more ghosts than they knew about, all depends on how connected people were to, well, death. Though sensing a ghost was easier than seeing one, ghosts have this presence about them, the longer they were dead the stronger they were.

''Same old, same old, haunt this, posess that. I'm more interested in what your doing, any boys looking your way I should know about''

''Yes Wiggy I just finished making passionate love to Alex Pettyfer, it was the sexiest experience of my life he says he's gonna whisk me off to Rhome to get married and have 6 million little Pettyfers just like him'' I said as I chose what I was wearing today. Skinny jeans and a T it was.

''Ha ha very funny, You know your a total hottie, if I were alive, I'd totally... Nope I'd still be gay'' he said with a shrug. '' Darling what are you doing to your poor hair?, Give me that'' he said taking away the comb, I love when Wiggy did my hair the riot of honey blonde curls only looked good when he did them, guess I'll be having a good hair day today.

All of a sudden the door flew open, my mom waltzed in, Wiggy dropped the comb and dissappeared in the totally creepy way ghosts often do. Guess not.

My mom ignored the fact she just saw a comb floating in mid air and continued to go about hanging up my clothes, cleaning up this and that pretending her ailing daughter couldnt see ghosts. Yeah that was my mother she liked to ignore alot of things, like the fact her daughter was slowly dying of kidney failure and could'nt get a transplant,pretending that my Dad was on ''vacation'' and he did'nt walk out on us once he realised I was'nt getting better and my ''gift'' wasnt a phase, she ignored the fact that that people stared not only because I was the town freak but also because of how much darker I was than her, well I wasnt much darker than her but it was obvious I was biracial and that just didnt fit into my mother idea of what normal should be, see my dad was half Irish and half african american but you couldnt tell, so he didnt, he ''passed'', and when I was born, that was all over. My slightly lighter than caramel skin tone and my borderline kinky curls and any chances of him still ''passing'' had gone.