Chapter 8: Something Is Not Right

~~ After 8 Hours ~~

(5:30 pm )

"Y/N wake up. We're here." You feel someone is shaking you.

"I don't wanna." You said half asleep. Then something happen.

HOOOOONNNNNKKKKK!!!!!!

You jump out of your seat with a surprise look while Kayla laughing on the floor, holding her stomach.

"Hahaha very funny." You said and rolled your eyes.

"But haha it's haha true. Your face was priceless." She said between her laugh. You rolled my eyes. You took your stuff and walk away.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Kayla yelled from behind but you continued walking.

~~Time Skip (Sorry, I'm just lazy) ~~

"Are we here yet?" Kayla whined.

"Yes we are." You replied. We are standing in front of a mansion. You heard someone's voice. You turn around and saw a young man. I think he's about 18. His hair was blue and his eyes was brown and he's wearing a tuxedo. 'Isn't he too young to sent a request?' You ask yourself.

"You must be the mage of the guild Phoenix Wing. I'm Lex, your client's son." He said, staring at you.

"Would you ladies like to go inside?" He asks and you nodded.

"Yes we are. Anyways, could you tell us more about the request you send us?" Kayla asked and gave you a 'I-save-you-so-that-means-you-owe-me' look. You smiled as a reply.

"I could but at least you could tell me your name first." Led said or demanded. Kayla just sigh and nodded.

"I'm Kayla." She introduce herself.

"I'm y/n." You introduce yourself.

"What a beautiful name for a beautiful ladies." Lex said. He took your hand and kissed it. You just looked at Kayla. But she just looked back at me.

"Uhmm... Could you tell us about the quest?" You awkwardly asked.

"Of course. It started about 5 years ago, when a dark guild came to this town. The leader of the guild wanted take the town as well as the mayor's daughter to be his wife but the former  mayor disagreed. But the a wizard from another guild came and beaten the dark guild. The leader said they will come back and have revenge. But then 2 days ago, a report was sent to my father, the current mayor, that one of the part of the town was destroyed by the same dark guild. So my father sent a request to get rid of the dark guild." He explained.

"I see. May I ask, how many members of that guild have?" Kayla asked in a serious tone.

"About three hundred." Kayla's eyes widened.

"Do you know the location is?" You asked but he shake his head 'no'. You nodded.

"Your going to pick. Put them behind bars or get rid or kill them?" Kayla asked in a dark tone. You are not actually surprise.

"My father wanted to get rid of them not to kill them though." Lex respond.

"In your tone, I think that you want them dead." You mumble.

"Did you say something, y/n?" Kayla asked in a worry tone but you just shake  your head 'no'.

"Have you girls already ate dinner?" Lex suddenly asked and your response were 'no' then he asked both of you to have dinner with him. After dinner, he offered you to stay the rest of the months in the mansion until you finish your mission and get back on time for my photo shoot for the Weekly Sorcerer.

"One of our maid, will show where is your room." Lex said and shake a bell. 'I swear I didn't even know where he got that bell.' You told yourself.

"You called sir." A brunette miad appeared from nowhere said. She turned to you.

"I'm Paula. It's nice to meet you." Paula introduced.

"I'm Kayla and she's y/n. And it's nice to meet you." Kayla said. Paula nodded her head then we heard someone cleared their throat and said.

"Paula, Could you please show the two gorgeous ladies their room?" Lex ordered.

"Of course. Please follow me." She said and both of you followed her. After few minutes later, we arrive at our room.

"Thank you Paula." Kayla and you both said and she nodded. Both of you went inside and wow the place is huge. There are two queen size bed and I went to the bathroom, I swear it has two shower, one big bath tub and a heart shape Jacuzzi tub.

"Hey y/n! Let's get in the Jacuzzi." Kayla suggested.

"Then let's go!" You said.

~~While Relaxing ~~

"Don't you think this mission is too easy?" Kayla asked and you took a few moment to think.

"Now you mention it, yeah it kinda does. And I thought master send us an SS-class mission. I'll double check if he read it right again." You said.

"He sent you and you let me tag along." She corrected you.

"But seriously, I have a bad feeling about this mission. Also, I think Lex has a crush on you." She added. You raised my eyebrow and look at her.

"No he doesn't." You respond.

"Yes he does. He keeps looking at you and remember when we introduce ourselves? He was staring right at you and he kissed you hand." You looked at her with disgust.

"You let me remember something that I don't want to remember." You said.

"Whatever. I'm going to sleep now, how about you?" She said.

"Same." You replied. After the relaxing moment, Kayla and you already went to bed.

~~ Next Day ~~

You woke up, went to the bathroom to bathe and change to clothes. You decided to wake up Kayla.

"Wakey wakey Kayla. We need have yo do our mission." You said but her only reply is 'hmmm'.

"Kayla if you don't wake up, I swear I won't make harsh browns for you any more." You said then she suddenly stood up.

"Where's the harsh brown?" She asked, which made you laugh really hard.

"Very funny, dragon girl."

"Did you say something, dirt girl?" You insulted her back.

"What was that, dragon breathe?" You clashed your heads to each other. Tension is in the air.

"You know what I said, earthworm."

"Why you littl-" Someone knock on the door.

"Who is it?" You asked.

"It's...

To Be Continue