Forever Dead ::10:: This Spices things Up

Start from the beginning

“Oh come on, only the week ones will die he said. You and me? We are strong…. we’re warriors!” She laughed, leaving the room. I had a sense of déjà vu and felt that nagging feeling on the tip of my tongue. Shrugging my shoulders and giving up, I followed her out.

“Good, I was just coming to see you!” I was attacked my a huge hug from Macy and stepped back.

“Why?” I asked. Macy’s eyes widened and then looked hurt.

“Were still friends right?” she asked. I sighed and nodded my head.

“Okay, so why didn’t you tell me you were shacking it up with another vampire?” she squealed.

“Because I’m not.” I said, walking passed her.

“That’s not what I heard!”

“By who?” I stopped and asked.

“Just around… no one in particular.” She smiled, but her smile didn’t reach her eyes and I became suspicious.

“Well it’s not true, and I hoped as my best friend you would have been smart enough to realize that.” I said.

“Sorry, I mean, when you’re in your bra and panties being carried by some dude…” she said. I looked her in the eyes, trying to find some of the old Macy/

“Macy, we told each other everything. You know I’m a virgin, and I would never give it to someone I just met, let alone a vampire.” I spit the word out.

“I’m sorry.” I could tell she saw how upset I was. She was changing every day, and I didn’t know whether to blame it on her or Nicholai.

“It’s ok.”

“So what really did happen?” she asked.

“Nicholai bit me, and made me walk back to the room, and Xander helped me since I couldn’t really walk. That’s it.”

“Who’s Xander?” 5 asked, walking next to me.

“I don’t know. He’s a vampire, but I think he’s some sort of friend of the royal families.” I said.

“Oh. He’s the blonde guy that we saw when 8 died?” she asked.

“Yeah.”

“Oh he’s cute!” Macy said giggling. I laughed at her, remembering how boy crazy she was when we were in Vivens.

“Yeah.” I agreed.

“But not as hot as Nicholai.” Macy said, her eyes glazing over.

“Yeah but Nicholai is an asshole.” By now we reached the door leading downstairs, and were just waiting for Lucia.

“I don’t know. I think he’s just a bad boy with a heart of gold.” Macy sighed. She was always the romantic, believing in the good in all people.

“He probably doesn’t even have a heart.” I said. Just then the door opened and Lucia stepped through.

“Oh, hello. I didn’t expect you to all me here.” She said flustered.

“Yeah well, I just want to get this over with.” I rolled my neck, stretching out the sore muscles.

“Okay, well let me get everyone else and we’ll get going.” She walked passed me and I noticed the bite marks in her neck. I shuddered at the thought of having to work in the home of vampires.

“She’s sort of weird, isn’t she?” 6 said, joining the group. Everyone nodded their head and I shook my own.

“No. She’s just sad.”