I feel safe in here

Song: hiding by violet Indiana

Prologue

She walked through the dark hallway, the floor boards whining with each step, her hands shook, fear taking over her body as she continued forward. The flashlight in her hand had long cast useful as it shook violently.

Walking past another painting on the wall, in which it seemed that the eyes were following her every move, she felt a shiver go up her spine.

Finally she had reached her destination, the door at the end of the hall. The door was open slightly and a little sliver of light shone through the gap.

Before pushing the door open, with now steady hands, she flipped the switch on her flash light bathing herself in darkness, then pushed her way into the room.

A dimly lit room was what she was greeted by, the wallpaper peeling off, the windows cracked, and the fireplace falling to pieces still she could make out how glorious this room had been at one point.

In the middle of the room sat an armchair, the source of the light in the room coming from a lamp stationed beside the chair.

She could see the shape of a figure sitting in the chair, but even with the light being right beside them, the person was hard to make out.

"Excuse me?" She asked

The figure didn't acknowledge her.

She walked towards the chair, as she was almost within touching distance the light in the room went out. She hurried to turn her flashlight on but it wouldn't go on.

Fear embraced her body. The light flickered on again but the figure wasn't there. She looked around the room and saw...

Nothing.

She was now terrified and ran towards the door, but before she could leave the door slammed shut and the light turned off again.

A hand wrapped around her ankle and she let out a blood curdling scream.