The deaf curse

The only thing I remember from that day is how scared I was. Sitting in my bed with a really bad headache. My mom was brushing my shoulder length, black hair, trying to help me with the headache. She said I had a fever, I couldn't move my neck and I was dizzy. Finally, she took me to the hospital. When we got there, they made me wear a mask and we didn't go into the hospital the normal way. The nurses told me it was because they didn't want me getting anyone else sick. My mom never left my side. When the doctors told us I had bacterial meningitis, my mom started crying. Turns out, the only way to get better was to take the antibiotic that could make me have long lasting side affects. After that day I would never be the same again.

After I was given the medication, they had me go to sleep for the night. The next morning, when the nurse came into my room to wake me, I couldn't hear her. The only way they were able to wake me up was by shaking the bed. If I couldn't hear then I wouldn't be able to communicate with my friends and family. They insured me that I would be able to communicate but it wouldn't be easy.

I was taught sign language and it was different. I could talk to my mom but people would always watch if we were out in public so I usually didn't sign outside of the house. It made me feel uneasy to have a lot of people watching me. These days were only going to get worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my first story so I have you and my friends reading and telling me what I need to happen. Please review. I know this first chapter was short but I promise you none of the others will be. And I do get writers block easily so forgive me if I don't update fast or it's cause I'm in school. :P another thing, if you don't like the book just tell me or stop reading. No one is forcing you to read it.