L: Late Night Talks

Start from the beginning

A knock comes at my door and a voice tells me to meet Roger in his office. I quickly put my razor between pages of my sudoku puzzle book. The memory of what happened twenty-one weeks ago is still fresh in my memory. L had left that same day around two in the afternoon.
As I walk into Roger's office, I see both Roger and Wammy. Shocked, I ask, "Wammy, welcome back! Where's L?"
Wammy smiles and says, "He's on his way here. I had came on an earlier flight to pick you up so you can meet L at the airport for when he gets back. The flight should be here in an hour and a half. You have fifteen minutes before we leave to the airport. Meet me in the car once you're ready."
I grin as I heard his words and rush to my bedroom.
On my way to the bedroom, an eight-year old boy with blonde hair stops me and says, "I drew this for you." I lean down and look at the drawing and see a heart on the top middle area, and inside it said had L, [Y/N], and Mello. On each corner was a drawn cross. The main subject of the drawing was the view the orphanage.
I assume Mello was the kid's name.
I smile at the cute drawing and give the little boy a hug, "Awe, thank you so much; its really nice. I'll hang up by my bed. I've got to go see L right now, so I'm kind of in a rush. Keep drawing, you're really good at it."
The boy look at me with a very shocked expression, "L is a person?"
I giggle and say, "Yeah, he's actually my best friend. He's coming back today, and Wammy is taking me to the airport to see him."
The boy says, "Okay, have fun." With that, he runs away.
'Oh god, I hope didn't break his heart or anything...' I think to myself as I walk into my bedroom and sat the drawing into my nightstand.
I use the bathroom, brush my hair, then go to put on my hoodie and shoes.
I meet with Wammy like he said, and we're off the airport.

~Ninety Minutes Later~
The jet has arrived, and the passengers have finally been able to leave the aircraft.
Anxiously, I keep my eyes out for L. Most passengers had gone to the area to get their luggage.
Finally, I see a raven-haired guy, and immediately, I run up to him and give him a hug, "Ryan, you're back! I missed you so much!"
L hugs me back and says, "[Y/N], I've missed you too. I've got a surprise you'll love."
"You didn't need to get me anything," I said awkwardly. L smiles and steps aside; putting an older Jordan in my view. Tears immediately form in my eyes and I hurry to give (him/her) a hug.
"[Y/N], I've missed you so much; I love you so much. I'm sorry I said all those things to you before mom and dad died. I love you much." Jordan said as (he/she) kept on hugging me.
Still too shocked, all that is on my mind comes out, "Jordan, I missed you so much! I'm so glad you're okay! Are you hurt? Is everything okay? Did they hurt you?"
"It was the person who killed Mom and Dad. They only meant to kill Mom, but Dad put up a fight, so they killed Dad too. Then they kidnapped me and took me to [City on the opposite side of your country]. That bitch was madly in love with Dad, and so they did a good job with their evilness. She really made me act like I was her child. Then finally Ryan came with the police and helped me. Now she's in jail for fifteen years, and here I am. Ryan said that I'll be staying at the orphanage with you for now.
"I love you so much. I'm sorry if I worried you, I didn't know if you were alive or not. I missed you so much."
"It's okay, you're alive and you're here; thanks to Ryan."
We finally broke apart from our hug to see L and Wammy grabbing the luggage.
We leave the airport and head to Wammy's Orphanage. On the way, we all talk, and at some point L tells us how he figured out where Jordan was.

~Midnight~
I spent the rest of the day catching up with Jordan. And currently, Jordan is asleep in (his/her) bedroom which is next to mine. Everyone else is in their own rooms sleeping or doing what they do.
Knowing L, he's obviously awake, so I walk to his room and knock on the door.
He opens it and tells me to come in if I want.
"Why are you still awake?" L asked.
I hug him and say, "I forgot to thank you before we left the airport, so thanks for helping get Jordan back. It means so much; I didn't think you could do it. Thank you so much, L."
L hugs me back and say, "[Y/N], I told you, I would do my best to help get Jordan back; I just did as I said I would do. I would never lie to you, and I'd do anything to keep you happy."
I smile at his words and look up to him. I spot the necklace with my name on it. The sight causes me to smile wider and say, "L, the night before you left when I asked you to sleep with me, I realized shortly before I fell asleep."
"Yes, what is it?"
"You- I mean, I... I think I love you. It's fine if you don't feel the same; I would understand."
L looks into my eyes and straightforwardly says, "[Y/N], the reason I bought these necklaces and brought Jordan back is because I want you to be happy. I love you and I only want you to be happy. I'm glad... that you feel the same way."
I smile at his words and sit on his lap to reach up to his height and kiss him.
L holds me to be sure we're balanced, but we just end up laying on his bed with me on top of L.
We stop and for a moment, I study his handsome features. "I've missed you so much; all I ever think about nowadays," I spoke my thoughts aloud.
L -who looks both speechless and stunned- says, "I missed you so much too... At one point, I was almost giving up because it seemed a bit hopeless; but I kept you in mind to keep me going. I really do love you. I love you enough to do this, and I'd do anything to keep you happy and keep you as mind."
I smile and lay down in his arms, "Thank you, L. I love you so much."
L's arms tighten around my waist and says, "I love you too, [Y/N]."