Chapter nine

(Harry's POV)

"It wasn't my fault just let me explain," I say quickly before Louis even has the chance to speak. It's like he's frozen-- completely still, not moving at all. Probably in shock. He looks so fragile, like he could break or crumble any second, which immediately makes me feel guilty about all of this. His crystal eyes are glossed over but he's not crying, just staring at me, jaw locked and arms drooping at his sides.

"You know I would never intentionally hurt you. I didn't kiss Drew. He kissed me. I should've told you before and I can't express how sorry I am," I say genuinely.

Louis gulps, "Drew as in . . . your ex?"

"Yeah, he's visiting his father and step mother- my neighbors- for the Summer. We were having dinner with them and, well, I went to the bathroom and he came and kissed me but I swear I pushed him away," I tell him, reaching down to hold on of his hands loosely in mine. I brush my thumb over it soothingly, keeping eye contact with Louis the whole time.

"I believe you," Louis hums, a faint, weak smile creeping onto his lips.

"Thank god," I say. "And I promise, it meant nothing. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner I just didn't know how--"

"Don't even worry about it, Haz. It was only a kiss and it's not a big deal anyway. I'm fine. Let's just enjoy the rest of our evening, yeah?"

I sigh in relief, "Have I ever told you how amazing you are?"

Louis chuckles, "You might have mentioned it a few times."

And with that, I lean in a kiss him tenderly, loving the feeling of his lips against mine. He cards his fingers through my hair and moves his lips with mine affectionately, grazing his teeth over my bottom lip.

I force myself to pull away because, well, my pizza is probably getting cold sitting over there right now and the aroma of the scent is making my stomach growl.

"Should we eat now?" Lou wonders.

I nod, "Sure."

Louis and I step over to the dining room where the plates are all set out with candles and a nice cloth draped over the table. I sit across from Louis so I can see him properly. My eyes scan over the melted cheese and toppings then I pick up a piece from the box and set it on my plate and Louis does the same.

"So how've you been without me?" I ask.

Louis pauses, "Alright, I suppose. Sort of lonely to be honest. Brownie's been keeping me company, though."

I smile, "Where is that furball anyway?"

Louis shrugs, "Probably in my room or somewhere hiding. She's kinda shy, I've realized."

I nod and take another bite and swallow it before talking again, "You've just been alone for the past few days, then? Well, apart from Brownie."

"Yeah, basically. Oh, I skyped Alex and Zayn this morning. That was nice but I don't know if you'd exactly consider that having company over," he chuckles.

"We should chill with Liam and Niall today," I suggest lightly.

"Yeah, good idea love. I need some time with my adorable boyfriend and my best friends."

I smile and lean forward to peck his lips once again. I'm just happy that everything between us is going to be alright.

* * *

Liam splashes in the water, jumping up and down like a little kid whilst Niall floats next to him on his back and laughs. All four of us decided to go to the beach today and spend some time at a local lake, which is a good thirty minutes or so away from Louis' apartment back in Doncaster but the drive is totally worth it. This beach isn't very popular since the shores are coated in stones and rocks which hurt you feet, but on the plus side, we get it all to ourselves.

Louis is in the water already, swimming around with a little cute smile across his face whilst I'm here on the shore, watching them in amusement. All of the lads are a few meters away from me, swimming around and having fun without me.

"C'mon, babe. The water feels great!" Louis chimes.

I shake my head, "The water's freezing, are you crazy?" I laugh.

"Well, yes, but you'll get used to it, I promise!"

Sighing, I dip one toe in, then step back. They're all insane. Crazy, insane idiots. Honestly, I don't know why I love them all so much.

Niall laughs, "Harry! You better do as your boyfriend says!"

I shake my head, "No way. It's freezing. Hell, we're like, the only ones here!" I say, glancing around the empty beach. "I know it's mid Summer but it's only 20 degrees [ about 68 Fahrenheit ] and the water's a lot colder than the air."

"Wimp," Liam huffs.

"How are you not shivering?" I ask.

"It feels nice after swimming around for a bit! Just trust me," Liam shrugs.

"Why should I trust you, Li? Remember in primary school when I stole that pack of gum from the convince store and you promised not to tell but you told my mum and she--"

Liam chuckles, "Really? Bringing that up again? You'll never let it go."

"The point is, why should I trust you?"

"That was ages ago, Harry! And besides, I told you a million times before, it just slipped!" Liam defends himself.

Letting out a gentle puff of air and swallowing my dignity and defeat, I put one foot in, then both. It's honestly really cold but my best mates and my boyfriend are all crazy.

"Just get in already!" Louis whines, his voice thick of desperation.

Niall bursts out laughing, "That's what she said," he says in between breaths. I can't help but let out small chuckle too.

I look over and see Liam crossing his arms over his bare chest, "Who is this she?"

"It's only an expression," Niall sing-songs before pecking Liam's cheek, making his frown disappear.

I roll my eyes, "Fine, I'll get in the water, alright?" I huff. I step in further into the lake until the water is up to my knees, then stop and look out at Liam, Louis and Niall, all with unimpressed expressions on their faces.

Louis steps over to me, trudging through the water, then clasps my hand and tugs me along with him, even deeper. I groan in annoyance but don't protest. We go slower when the water gets up to my waist and I start whimpering because, damn, it's really really cold.

Suddenly, two firm hands are pushing on my head of curls and dunking me under the water. I suck in one last final breath of air and pinch my eyes shut out of instinct before I go under the water and resurface only seconds later. I wipe my eyes with my knuckles and look over to see Niall in a laughing fit.

"Damn you! It's so c-cold," I shiver, gasping for air. Niall's still laughing but I have to admit dunking me under the water was pretty clever.

Louis pouts, "Aw, poor baby. I promise after we're done swimming I'll take you back to my flat and make you some nice, warm cocoa. How does that sound?" he purrs. He wraps his arms around my waist and nuzzles his nose against mine. I stare into his eyes and smile softly at the way his breath hits my face.

"Hey! Keep it PG!" Liam yells, splashing us and scrunching his nose in a childish way.

Louis pulls away from me, "Oi, you and Ni aren't any better!" he says, chuckling a bit. Liam just shrugs and Niall laughs again. I swear, Niall thinks everything Louis says is absolutely hilarious. Louis could fucking read the dictionary and Niall would be laughing the entire time.

Louis turns back to me, "The rest of this Summer is going to be amazing, I promise. We're going to have so much fun," he grins.

I nod, "Good. But, um, can I, like, get out of the water now? I'm freezing."

Louis chuckles and kisses my cheek before nudging me towards the direction of the shore, "Yeah, curly. Go ahead."

[ This update took way too long and I apologize. I've just been dealing with some negative stuff and a few . . . um, not very motivating comments and I wasn't exactly in the mood to write, but the concert on Sunday in Chicago made me feel a lot better! There weren't any Larry moments (sadly), in fact, Harry kinda looked depressed but there were tons of Nouis and Niam moments and 5sos were amazing as well! Okay, anyway, thoughts on this chapter? Sorry if it's crap. Expect the next update by SATURDAY. x ]