Welcoming Bliss: Preface.

Helina ran through the thick vines of the forest trees. They pricked against her skin as she ran away from the hunters who were after her. Her whole body was numb but she had to keep going. Her lungs burned, her legs were on fire, and her vision was starting to blur. Blinking, she saw a house, come into view. Was it a house? Perhaps, it was her mind playing tricks on her. Yes, yes—it was! She ran to the door, pounding on it, wishing for someone to allow her inside.

“Open up! Please, somebody open up!” she shouted breathlessly, slamming her hands on the door as hard as she could. Suddenly, the door opened and she almost fell over. Regaining her posture she saw a woman probably in her mid 30’s staring at her. Her orange hair as bright as fire was formed elegantly into curls and her blue eyes as clear and cold as ice were staring directly at her. But there was something different about her. Something she couldn't put her finger on.

“Please let me come inside! Several men are after me, I need a place to stay. “She gasped.

"Aizbēgt! Get prom! Viņa ir viens no viņiem!" the woman screeched.

Helina, confused, tried to comprehend what the woman was saying. Helina pleaded for her life for the woman to help her. She was her only hope, and if she didn’t allow her in the hunters would catch her. The woman then slammed the door in her face, unaware that the girl was crying. Suddenly, she heard the crackles of gun shots. She immediately hid behind a tree praying that the men wouldn’t find her. The men were nearby. Helina held her breath and stayed completely still. It was eerily quiet now. When she turned around to see if the cost was clear she suddenly felt a large amount of pain go through her mid back. She fell down on the hard ground trying to breathe. Massive amounts of blood started to fill the space around her. The man hovered over her, smiling evilly. In the distance, another man appeared, then another, and so on. One of them, surprisingly, was her brother, Nikolai. Before anything could occur, her brother spoke in Russian tongue.

"Мне так жаль, сестра. Как только мы узнали, что вы делали, мы должны были убить вас. Помните, я люблю тебя."

With tears in her eyes, Helina managed to speak to her brother one last time. The pain in her back was unbearable, but for her brother, she would hang on for a few moments.

"Почему, ....Н-H-Hиколай, по..ч..чем..му? Ес..ли бы ты люб юб-ил меня, ты бы никогда не позво..лил этому случи..ться!" she croaked.

Nikolai's throat closed. His eyes stung with tears, he couldn't imagine living without his sister. He had to do something, anything for her. Feeling his face wet, he wiped his face with the sleeve of his shirt.

“Wait, wait, Alexander.  There has to be another way. We can do something else, you don't have to do this!" pleaded a desperate Nikolai.

Alexander chuckled. This woman was a danger to his kind! How dare she even try to kill him, more or less his race?

"I'm sorry, Nikolai. What is done is done. She deserves what she gets, and if you even try to stop me you'll blood will be in my hands!" he warned.  Returning to a dying Helina, he smiled at the girl. She was beautiful, in fact. With sharp blue-grey eyes and dark brown locks flowing down her back she was a catch. She had plump, pouty red lips and a pale complexion to die for. His grip tightened on her arm, a whimper escaped from her lips.

“If only you listened none of this would happen." he assured.

“You were killing my  ...my..own k-k-kind. Now, at-at-at-least I-I-Iknow their sa-..sa..-safe." she stuttered.

"How sweet of you, darling. However, none of that matters now, yes?" he whispered.

"And now, your death awaits." he crooned.

He leaned down to where the woman lay, whose body shook with fear. Grinning, he leaned towards her neck, feeling her pulse, feeling the blood rushing through her veins. Kissing her neck, he sang his fangs into her neck, swallowing her blood rapidly. Immediately, she let out a blood curling scream which echoed in to the dark, dangerous night in the town of Willow Hollows.

Meaning of words/sentences:

"Мне так жаль, сестра. Как только мы узнали, что вы делали, мы должны были убить вас. Помните, я люблю тебя". -- I'm so sorry, sister. Once we found out what you were doing, we had to kill you. Remember, I love you.

"Почему, Николай, почему? Если бы ты любил меня, ты бы никогда не позволил этому случиться!" - " Why, Nikolai, Why? If you loved me, you'd never let this happen!"

"Aizbēgt! Get prom! Viņa ir viens no viņiem." -  Run Away! Get Away! She is one of them!

EVERYONE I AM MidnightHeroine. I have forgotten my password. This is my new account!