Hydrophobia

I'm scared of water. That's the only way to put it. Not like the water you drink or rain. Or even a puddle. I'm talking about water as in water in a pool or the ocean. I'm not sure when it started. Maybe I was born with it. Maybe I nearly drowned or something. But I think it has to do with how my parents died. You see, I live with my with Uncle on my mother's side. He owns an aquarium, which to me is kind of ironic considering my fear. I've lived with him for as long as I can remember. My parents died in a boat accident and he was the only one who could take me in because I don't know anyone on my father's side and my mom only had one sibling, Uncle John. He's taught me everything I know about the ocean and what lives in it but no matter how hard he's tried I have never gone in the water. Everyone I know at school thinks I'm weird because I won't come to the beach with them or join the swim team at our school. Maybe I am weird. Being 16 and in 11th grade I have a lot of work to do. Uncle John needs me around the aquarium to feed the fish and the Dolphins, The only job I agree to do, and my teacher's expect me to be able to write 3 essay's for each class in like 2 days. Hello, I'm not Superwoman! But despite all the school work and the fish feeding I've managed to love my little home in Rhode Island.