Chapter 14

This is gonna be short. Prepare yourselves. WARNING: may trigger some people
----------------------------------------------------

Olivia's POV

I got into the car and buckled the seat belt. Today was going to be a shit day. My cheating boyfriend asked me to come pick him up. Probably to go to the fucking club. I grabbed my keys and turned the car on, pulling out of the driveway. I turned down the street and sped towards the direction of his house. When I got there, I parked on the side of the street. There was a plastic car thrown in the front yard, as well as a blue tarp covering firewood. I got out of the car, but he had already seen me. He opened the front door and slammed it shut. He walked over to me, and I turned around, walking with him. There was a red mark on his face, and a bruise on his jaw. I put my hands in my pocket and continued walking. He got in the passengers seat, and I went around to the other side, opening my door. I quietly put the car in drive, and started driving towards the main road.

"Where are we going?"

"Anywhere...," he responds. I nod and head towards the highway. He held his hand against his right side and looked ahead.

"You okay?" I asked, driving onto the highway. He looked ahead and grabbed something out of his pocket. I looked over and saw it... A gun.

"What are you doing?" I asked calmly.

"I-Im killing you.... And then myself," he responds, holding the gun to my head. I stare ahead.

"Why?" I could feel him shaking as he held the gun to my temple.

"Keep driving," he says. I look ahead and gulp. He held the gun to my head.

"Bye," he says. I quickly swerve to the side, and he slams into the door, the bullet going through the windshield. We quickly passed under a bridge.

'There has to be a camera under the bridge' I think to myself. My heart seemed to drop to my stomach as he felt his bleeding temple. Other cars on the road pulled to the side and I kept driving. I hid my phone with my left thigh and unlocked emergency phone. I quickly dialed with one hand and looked back up. I could hear small voices on the phone, and I kept silent.

"I'll go down the highway until we reach the exit to downtown," I say calmly.

"But you're dead after that."

"Okay..." I was praying that they could hear me. It was about a five minute drive. The quietest and longest drive ever. He picked up the gun and looked in the mirror. I could hear sirens behind us.

"WHO CALLED THE POLICE?" He asked. He raised the gun to my head again as I pulled onto the exit. There were police cars blocking the end of the exit.
I stopped the car. He looked around nervously and the barrel of the gun pressed against my temple harder. I gulped.

"Goodbye," he says. I close my eyes and hear the loud echo of a gunshot. I couldn't feel anything. I opened my eyes, and flinched when I heard a scream. It was not mine, but his-.  There was a bullet in his shoulder. He had dropped the gun to hold his shoulder. I looked at him and then opened the door. I could barely see because of the tears blurring my vision. I left the door open, and my phone fell onto the cement, cracking. I didn't bother to pick it up- I just ran towards the police cars. I looked at the officer, who was so close. Everything seemed to go in slow motion. Her eyes widened and she raised her gun again, and aimed just over my shoulder.

"SHOOT!"

There was to gun shots. The first one flew past my shoulder. The second one- I felt it. I fell forward my eyes widening. I slowly fell and my head slammed into the concrete. I could see him being shot down from the corner of my eye. I stared ahead as my body slowly went numb. My body trembled with fear and pain. My eyes slowly closed, and I couldn't feel anything.