Chapter 6 (Completed)

**The pic above is Julianne's Kitchen**

Julianne's POV -

For next several weeks, I was busy doing work for the Gallant Company. It wasn't a stressful experience, but there is a lot of work that needs to be done. I usually finish all my work before i needed to get home. I don't bring it with me to the house because that is where I spend time with my family. I feel that if I bring work, then i will just continue to do that.

Sometimes I stay late in the office just to finish work. While I am there, Jayden stays until I leave before walking me out the door. He usually offers a ride, but i don't take it.

Recently, whenever I talk to Jayden, my heart starts to beat fast that I can hear in my ears. I am on the verge of sweating. My pulse rate quickens and everything else just starts to disappear. I still don't know why though.

It was now 6:00 PM, and I was about to leave. I knock on Jayden's door to bid him a goodbye. He says a faint "come in." I open the door and it closes behind me. I put the files that need to be checked on his desk.

He finally looks up at me and asks, "Are you leaving Ms. Hartford?"

My heart rate quickens and I try to control it. It doesn't really work out well. I clear my throat before answering, "Yes sir, unless you need anything else."

He replies negative and says, "No, Ms. Hartford."

I nod my head positive and I reach for the door handle to exit out. Right as I was about to open the door he calls out, "Have a good night Ms. Hartford."

A smile makes its way onto my face. I return the gesture, "Have a good night Mr. Gallant."

Right before I exit the door, I could see a slight smile on his face. I headed back to my office and collected my things for the night. I headed out the door with a smile on my face. I never thought I would feel this about a certain person. The only person that made me feel like this until now was Jay Jay.

But I don't even know where he is.

I know it's childish to still think about Jay Jay when I'm in my 20s. But i just can't help but think that he is somewhere close to me. Every time I look or even think back to the time before, I have tears in my eyes of just how happy we were.

When I reach my house, I wipe the tears that fell from my eyes. I try to make it seem that I didn't cry but my parents can always tell. As soon as I lock my car up in the garage, I try to head straight to my room as soon as I stepped foot inside.

My mom calls out, "Jules hon, can you come here real quick?"

Well, that didn't really work... I had a feeling that mom would call me.

I reply, "Just a minute. I'll fresh up and come down to help you."

I heard mom's faint voice before I traveled upstairs, "Alright."

When I get to my bathroom, I wash my face, so my eyes aren't all puffy and red. I change my work clothes to PJs, and head down.

When I entered the kitchen, I can smell chinese noodles on the stove. I follow the smell until I reached mom. I smile at her and give a quick kiss before asking, "What did you need help with?"

She smiles and starts to stir the pot of noodles before they start to burn, "Well, your father and I were thinking that you should invite Jayden for dinner on Friday night."

I almost yelled at her, "WHAT?!?!?!"

What were they even thinking when they came up with this. Why in the world would they want to have dinner with my boss? I mean they never invited my other bosses from previous jobs, so I wonder why the change in events.