THREE

CHAPTER 3
THE JOINING

SHE was awoken by a sharp object being knocked on her head

SHE was awoken by a sharp object being knocked on her head. She fluttered her tired eyes open as she heard a stiff voice order, "Wake up, girl."

Raena looked below of her, noticing her arms and legs being clasped by large, metal restraints. She was strapped to a leaned-back chair while the unknown storm trooper in front of her continued to shoved a blaster at the corner of her head to jolt her awake.

She tried using her head to knock the blaster out of the way. "I'm awake, okay?"

"Tell us where the Skywalker lightsaber is."

She lifted a light brow. "I can't tell you, and even if I did know, why would I?"

"Do you consider us foolish?" The trooper stepped closer, moving the weapon towards her forehead again. "The second you opened up the object that had been hiding the lightsaber, it sent out an alert to all our fleets. Do not believe us to be as silly to believe you wouldn't know. You have been known to live on that planet for all of your life, you must know."

Raena tried her best to shrug her shoulders as she looked away.

"I could kill you."

She narrowed her eyes, wondering if the person could see her expression behind the mask. "Do it. Save me the trouble."

Trooper after trooper came to interrogate the blonde girl, but all failed. They didn't have the power to make her give them what they wanted, and honestly, it wasn't like she was terrified of them either. She knew they could kill her at the moment's notice, but then they would lose their precious information, which she couldn't deny anymore that she had.

They only had one last option, and the fact that he had to do his own dirty work infuriated him the most.

•••

The only possible way to escape the hell that she was living in at the moment was to close her eyes and dream, but even sleeping was harder in the metal contraption she was in. She wondered how long she'd have to deny her knowledge until they gave up, because most of these troopers seemed to be losing their patience anyways.

As she kept her eyes closed and tried falling asleep, her uncle's face reprimanding her appeared in her brain as if it was yesterday. The times when he would look down on her during their training was nothing compared to the upset he would've felt of her condition now. She knew he would've legitimately murdered her the second he found out she let herself, a Nhagy, fall into the hands of a captor.

Her mind shifted to her parents; the way they would smile at her like there wasn't a care in the world. The sound of her mother calling her a princess would never be spoken so delicately again. Raena couldn't bear the thought of them watching her in her current situation, seeing as they never wanted her to know of the past family business in the first place.