The Bathroom Stall|Note Forty-Three

Note Forty-Three

'Now you say you're lonely, 

You cried the whole night through. 

Well, you can cry me a river,  

cry me a river. 

I cried a river over you. 

Well you can cry me a river, 

Cry me a river,  

I cried a river over you.'

I went to the bathroom with Caroline, Terrence's sister, in tow: while I squatted over the bathroom, contemplating how Michael Bublé always sounded sick when he sang.

And how my life sucked.

When I came out of the stall, Caroline was messing with her hair. As I turned on the water faucet, slightly drowning out Bublé's whining singing, Caroline turned to me with a somber look on her face.

Uh oh.

"Terrence misses you."

"Excuse me?" I could have expected that little arse to employ his sister to get me back, but I didn't think they'd stoop low enough to lie to me.

"Terrence misses you a lot. He doesn't understand why you broke up with him."

'You say you love me but you lied. 

Now, you say you love me, 

Well just to prove that you, 

Come on and cry me a river,  

Oh, cry me a river. 

I cried a river over you. 

I cried a river,  

Over you I cried a river.'

It was eery and awkward how Michael Bublé got my former relationship with Terrence better than my ex or his sister.

I put on a smile on my face. "Listen Caroline. I like you a lot; you're a great person. And I hope you don't take offense to what I say. But tell your asshole of a brother this. When he is crying and begging on his knees for my forgiveness, I will shove something sharp up his ass."

"You know he's only trying to help?"

"What?"

I turned back from the towel dispenser to look at Caroline in disbelief. "Cheating on me was his way of trying to help me? Sorry, but I don't believe that for a millisecond."

"Never mind," Caroline mumbled in a lower voice, "you're such a slut anyways."

"Excuse me? What the hell is your problem?"

"What?" Caroline asked, "first you fuck my brother, now you're getting into Tucker's pants."

I saw red. As Cry Me A River came to a end, I marched straight up to the blond. "Listen, bitch. I never slept with your brother, thank god for that. And Tucker and I are friends. Just like what I thought we were. Never mind about that."  

As I slammed my palm down on the counter, and walked away with a huff, I swore Caroline was going to say something else. But the thud of the door cut off her words.