complete mess - naruhina

complete mess — naruhina

summaries:

being a klutz doesn't always lead to bad outcomes she could suppose.

♡ " Örlög er grimm. " 

Hinata tried her best to keep her pants of pure exhaustion to a minimal as she jumped from roof to roof. The poor ninja-in-training had been acting as a stand-in for one of the normal messengers of Konoha, delivering papers and packages, and sometimes even acting as a secretary for some meetings. Yet even through her hazy mind, her thoughts kept coming back to one person in particular: Naruto.

It was oddly quiet without him and his seemingly annoying, yet hilarious pranks and set-ups. He was almost always here whenever there wasn't anything that his team had to do. She supposed that was only sane reason she had taken this particular 'mission'.  But for now, the troublesome teenager had been sent out on another mission and when he was to come back seemed to be a mystery to Hinata.

Landing with a thump in front of one of the government buildings, she hurried in, somewhat aware of the fact that she could possibly be incredibly late. Feet moving fast, Hinata spared a glance up at the clock in the hallway. A few minutes until noon. She gave a small, tired smile and quickened her pace. This was going to be her last errand and she was right on time, if a bit early.

She relished in the fact that she was just a few steps away from freedom. (Which meant rest and food, which she sorely needed.)

Humming, she swung around a corner - and straight into someone's chest. The paperwork that had been snug in her arms not even two seconds earlier, went flying. A gasp flew from her lips and she fell to the ground, trying to scoop up the papers. "I'm so sorry! I was just in a hurry and - "

A tired obnoxious, yet familiar laugh hit her ears, creating a stopper in her throat. Her head snapped up, eyes hoping. And they were met with his. The blonde in his signature orange suit had knelt down to help her.

A minuscule of  whisper of his name was able to squeeze past the obstacle in her throat. "Naruto . . . ?"

He looked up and flashed that oh-so-cute grin. "H-Heh, sorry 'bout this."

If Hinata wasn't in so much shock or burdened down by the fact that she had a huge crush on this boy, she would've rolled her eyes. Yet all she seemed to be able to do was stare, taking him in. She wished she could do this for the rest of the day . . .

But fate had other plans in store.

"Here," Naruto handed her the rest of the papers. "These look important. Where ya taking - "

With those words, she was slingshot back into reality. Hinata was able to breathe out a shaky 'thank you' before taking off. She was late, oh she was so late, and she knew she was most definitely going to be punished for being late with these papers. But like mentioned before, fate had other plans for her indeed. And for once, they were working with her.

"Hinata! Meet me at the ramen shop! As an apology!"

Her lagging moments quickly transformed into ones full of energy. What a great day it was.

♡ " Örlög er góður. " ♡

A Year Later . . .

"Yo, Hinata, check that out!"

Hinata's gaze was torn from the mission papers that she held in her hands to something sparkling and loud in the distance. Screams of delight, smells of something delicious cooking, and sights that rested easy on the eyes. A fair.

Her eyes looked back at Naruto, already scared for what she knew what was going to happen.

"Please?"

Que the puppy face.

She made a weird sound in her throat. If they stopped, they were most certainly going to be late, ticking the Hokage off even further. After all, they had taken the whole week off for some vacation so coming back to work like this . . .

"Being a little late wouldn't hurt!" he begged, bottom lip out and low for all to see.

Hinata massaged her neck, nervous. She honest to Kami couldn't handle her boyfriend begging like this. But she was also very strict to following protocol. And protocol said this was a bad idea.

"I - "

"Whoopee! Let's go!"

She couldn't get out a single word before Naruto had dragged them to the entrance. The boy was going to be the end of her. And judging by the mischievous grin on the blonde's face, he knew that too.

♡ " Örlög er örlög. " ♡

[ ah, re-writing is still really weird. especially if its for a ship you didn't really ship in the first place. i'm not a huge fan of this ship at all, don't blame me. it's just this anime/manga didn't really show anything considered by me to be really romantic. just platonic and idek? don't really ship anything in this ugh. i just wrote this for whatever. ]

- Rico

Dedicated to ALkiller once again for the beautiful cover. <3