Ben for Desiree

I sat in the stands with the other Steelers fans and watched as the guys played.

It was the final five minutes of the game and the crowd was filled with anticipation.

Would we win or would we loose?

My heart pounded as I saw Ben with the ball in his hands.

Ben and I had been dating for three years and we were newly engaged.

He popped the question last week at our home while we were watching tv.

A few minutes before he asked we had a playful argument over what to watch.

We finally decided on Scandal, well I decided on Scandal and I stopped listening to his complaints.

As I was stuffing my face with buttery popcorn, Ben fidgeted with his pants pocket and pulled out a little blue box.

My mouth opened in surprise as I watched him get onto one knee.

"Desiree I love you so much." Ben's deep voice said.

I smiled, "I love you too."

"I don't really know how to ask you this..." He trailed off, nervously.

"Just ask: Desiree will you marry me?" I said, "And I'll say hecky yes!"

He chuckled and opened the ring box revealing a large diamond.

"Will you marry me?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"Yes!" I exclaimed and he grinned as he plucked the ring from its holder and grabbed my hand, pushing the diamond onto my finger.

I smiled at the memory as I looked at my ring finger then onto the field.

Almost minutes later, the clock was running down and screams were being heard from all directions.

I watched as the clock ran down and intense plays were made.

I stood on my feet as I watched what Ben and his teammates would do.

"FIVE... FOUR... THREE... TWO... ONE!" The crowd counted and the game ended.

The Steelers won the playoff game.

--

"Congrats!" I told Ben once we were alone in the hall.

I hugged his tall frame to me as he squeezed me.

"Thanks, baby." He said.

I smiled and pulled away from him, looking into his eyes.

"Ben! Man we got a press conference!" One of his teammates said.

"Alright! I'll be there in a second." He said.

I pulled my hands from his.

"Go. I'll maybe have a surprise set up for you." I winked at him and he grinned.

"I'll come home as quick as I can." He grumbled and pecked my lips then made his way down the hall.

I wore a smile as I left the stadium to make my way home.

I hope you enjoyed it, Desiree! I didn't even try to spell his last name because I knew i wouldn't spell it right, lol.
-  Dani