Chapter 1

{Edited}

|8-14-17|
hi! It's me! Can't believe it's been a year since I started this story and just completed it! I'm such a lazy bum lol but anyways I'll be editing the grammar but the story will not change (maybe the ending) so read on :)

Goals for chapter: 10 votes 2 comments

************************************

I sit on my bedroom floor braiding my long black hair tightly and humming a random Taylor Swift song in my head. My little sister Marobel sits watching me while she clutches tightly onto her teddy bear to her chest.

"Your sisters are coming for the dinner tomorrow!" My mom claps excitedly walking into my room.

"Why? They already have mates?" I ask focusing on my hair.

My two eldests sisters. Skylynn and Odetté are twins. They both met their mates last year when they turned twenty two so out of tradition they both left that night with the two strangers.

"They want to see your face when you find your mate" she replies dreamily.

"Miss Luna, I found the dress you requested" Jade says walking in the room.

Jade is my brother, Raff's mate she lives here they found each other two years ago and are completely inseparable, but are completely opposite. Jade is a very calm, and bubbly person where my brother is more like a child like me.

"Eww..that's a awful dress.." I say scrunching up my nose.

It's a light almost see through white dress that ends just below mid-thigh. I will not where that...

-yes you will- my mom says mind linking me.

"Mom! It's not fair!" I whine crossing my arms and pouting.

"Sweetheart. Your mate will love you in this dress" My mom gushes not taking her eyes off the dress.

"Mom. What's a mate?" Marobel asks.

"Well, it's like your true love, everything is perfect. You are drunk on just their scent. It's the most purest love there is on this earth" mom replies while I roll my eyes.

"Marobel you know how we all have wolves?" I ask making it simple she nods. "Well our wolves only fully connect to one person, our mate they get us when no one else does. They love you and will protect you" I shrug.

"That sounds beautiful" she says in awe making my mom very happy.

"Yeah that's because you're eight" I reply standing up.

Marobel is the youngest in our pack to shift at the age of eight. I was thirteen. Her wolf looks just like mom but instead of just plain brown Marobel has blonde little dots covering her back.
I for one love my wolf I am a deep caramel color with white paws.

I skip down the hall passing pack members who now their heads my way. I told them all once that there is no need, but my dad insists they do "out of respect" he says. I find my dads office not bothering to knock and I barge right in. I see him look up to me talking with his Beta, Samuel.

"Dad, do I have to attend the party tomorrow?" I ask.

"Yes. I'm sure your mate would be upset not to find you" he answers looking down at his papers.

"But, aren't you going to miss me when they take me away?" I ask batting my eyelashes.

"No way. You-my darling are a diva" he jokes making me pout.

He knows me so well.

"Well you should see what mother is making wear" I smirk.

"She showed me. It's the exact one she wore when I met her" he shrugs.

"Dad...it's basically saying 'come on in'" I scoff.

Dad is usually way too over protective of me along with Marobel. Now he wants me to wear a dress that is practically see through?

"Honey sit down, let me tell you something" dad says I of course do as he says since he is Alpha.

"Finding your mate is the best thing in your life. It's your other half, the moment you lay eyes on him will be the last time I see you for a while. I want it to be a good one. I want you to be happy..please don't embarrass this pack" he pleads.

"How many in our pack are unmated?" I ask.

"I've counted four males and three females. The twilight pack is bringing six unmated including the Alpha, the blood moon pack only has three" he states.

"An unmated Alpha? You don't see that very often" I reply.

"Yes well. Alpha Kyser's dad passed last year.." Dad says glumly.

"Alpha Link...died?" I ask shocked he and my dad were best friends. I've never met Kyser before..

"Yeah..uhm I have business to attend to. I'll see you tomorrow dear" he says obviously not wanting to talk about it.

I bow my head to father and his beta then leave.

Alpha Link was so strong, he was often a strict man could be mean but if you looked in his eyes you could tell he was a good man. I couldn't imagine my father dying.

I'm going to do this. You never know sometimes it takes years to find ones mate..it's rare but, it happens. I want to keep my pack happy and well respected so I will not cause problems tomorrow. I just hope I get a nice mate.

-authors Note-

Okay I know it's a little rough but it's only the first chapter it gets better as it goes on..

Please read vote and comment.

BTW: this is Not a twilight saga story it is not related at all!

This story is about werewolves yes but more tougher and traditional werewolves (no Jacob black in this story)