Chapter 90

*First person pov*

We walk out and down the hall. Hey, isn't this part where Gaara tries to kill Lee? Well, he gets saved so I'm not worried. I open the door to Lee's room and there he was, in bed with Gaara standing over him. He is getting ready to kill him but Shikamaru stops him with his shadow jutsu thing and Naruto punches Gaara. Gaara stumbles a bit so does Shikamaru. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, BASTARD!!" Naruto shouts. "Hey Naruto, while I'm using shadow copy no jutsu I move the same as him." Shikamaru growls. "Sorry..." Naruto apologized. I step up. "Gaara, what are you doing?" I ask him. His eyes widen for a second but returns to normal. "Gaara, I just asked you a question. What are you doing?" I ask him, grabbing Keiko off my head and in my arms to cover her ears and eyes. I don't want her hearing this stuff. "You... what are you up to?" Naruto questions, backing me up. Gaara's sand goes back in his gourd and stays silent. "HEY!! WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO DO TO BUSHY BROW!?" Naruto asks again, much louder and harsher. "Daddy? What is going on?" Keiko asks, since she couldn't see or hear what was going on. I bite my thumb, to summon Leo. "Summoning no jutsu! The gate of the Lion, I open thee! Leo!" I yell as I slam my hand down on the ground, a doorbell ringing out somewhere. Leo appears and Shikamaru looks shocked. Gaara narrows his eyes, thinking I was going to use Leo against him. I hand Leo Keiko. "Leo, can you take Keiko somewhere else for an hour or so while I deal with this? Also, don't flirt with any girls. I don't want Keiko learning something stupid from your idiocy." I say. Leo narrows his eyes. "What is going on?" He asks. "I'll explain everything to you later, but not now. Now go, Keiko can't hear this." I say. He nods unsure and leaves the room. "I was going to kill him..." Gaara answers Naruto's question. "What!?" Naruto says, shocked as well as Shikamaru. I just stayed serious. "Why is there a need to do that? You won the fight! Do you have some kind of personal grudge against him?" Shikamaru asks. "I do not. I'm going to kill him just because I want to kill him." Gaara says calmly. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? BASTARD!!" Naruto yells. "Gaara, what do you gain when you kill people? It'll just lead to more people like you and just more hatred. We already have enough hatred in this world, why would you want to add more to that? And, if you kill Lee right here right now and other people in konoha, it might break our treaty with sand and start a war possibly. Unless, if that's what the people want?" I ask Gaara. I see him flinch a little but regain his composure. "You must have had a messed up childhood. How self-centered can you get?" Shikamaru asks. "If you get in my way, I'll kill you." Gaara glares at Naruto and Shikamaru, but for some reason his glare softens at me. "WHAT!? GO AHEAD AND TRY!!" Naruto yells as he got in fighting position. "Wait Naruto!" Shikamaru yells. He thinks for a moment and tries bluffing him. "We know from your fight that you are strong. But... we're not too bad ourselves either. And we didn't show our 'Special moves' in the prelims. Plus it's 3 on 1, you're at an disadvantage. If you listen to what we say, we will let you leave quietly." Shikamaru bluffs. Gaara glares hardens when he heard the '3'. "All say this once more, get in my way I'll kill you ." Gaara repeats. Shikamaru's eye widen when he realizes that he wasn't kidding. "I WON'T BE KILLED BY THE LIKES OF YOU!!" Naruto yells. "I told you to stop! His strength is like a monster, don't you understand that!?" Shikamaru yells, holding Naruto back. "I have a real monster inside me, I won't lose to the likes of him!!" Naruto yells. Gaara stays silent, as well as me. "Stop provoking him, idiot!" Shikamaru yells again. Gaara closed his eyes, like he was remembering something. "A monster, eh? Then it's the same for me. As you said, I had a messed up childhood. I was born into this world by taking the life of a woman I would have called mother. To become the ultimate shinobi... with my father attaching the incarnation of sand upon me through ninjutsu, I was born a monster. Called Shukaku, it was sealed within a kettle. It's the living spirit of an old hidden sand priest." Gaara explains. "A possesion jutsu that is allowed to be possessed before birth... to go that far... that's crazy...Heh, that's something that a parent does? What a strange way to express love." Shikamaru says. "Love?...Don't judge me with your measuring stick... Family... You want to know what kind of connection that is to me? It's simply pieces of meat... connected to me with murderous intent and hatred." Gaara says, shocking Naruto and Shikamaru to silence. I wasn't shocked, since I know Gaara's life. "By sacrificing my mother's life... I was created as the village's greatest masterpiece as Kazekage's son. My father taught me the shinobi secrets, I was spoiled and allowed to do as I pleased. I thought that was love.......... until that incident occurred." Gaara tells us. "Incident?" Shikamaru questions. "...What happened?" Naruto asks. Gaara cracks into a smile, looking crazed. "For the last six years since I was six years old, my father tried countless times to assassinate me!" Gaara says. I flinch a little. "Ha? But you just said that your father spoiled you... what do you mean?" Shikamaru asks. Shika, you are going to regret asking this question. "A being too strong can be an existence of fear. Born through ninjutsu, my spirit was unstable. It seems the idiots in the village finally realized there was a problem. To my father, Kazekage, I was the village's trump card, but at the same time I was also a very dangerous being. It seems like that the time I was six, I was determined too dangerous. As the village's dangerous tool, I was only being used with care. To them I was an object from the past that they wish would disappear. Then why do I exist? Why am I alive? When I thought about this I could find no answer. But as you live you need a reason, otherwise it's the same as being dead." Gaara says. "What are you talking about?" Oblivious Shika-chan being oblivious. Aren't you supposed to be a genius? Then he goes on and on about living only for yourself and whatever. I see Naruto starts shaking. Gaara turns to me. "So? What do you think? Do you still want to be my friend after learning my true nature?" Gaara asks. I close my eyes. "My opinion, but I think that in spite of everything, I still think people are really good at heart. But if someone hurts my family, which is everyone in this village, I'll kill my good heart and turn it into a monster heart. You are still my friend Gaara but try and pull this bullshit again I will not take one second to hesitate to kill you Gaara!!" I yell as I quote Anne Frank and Haku. Gaara closed his eyes and his sand levitates above the ground to attack us but Guy saves the day. "The finals are tomorrow, don't get so antsy. Unless you want to stay here starting today." Guy threatens. Gaara clutches his head in pain and walks out, only to look at us to say something. "I'll definitely kill you guys... just wait..." Gaara says as he walks out, stealing one last glance at me.