1 | Just Like Every Other Day

Yes this book is inspired by the story Cinderella. I loved this Idea so much. So this book is a 5 part 5 day special so i would be posting a chapter everyday of this week. Well 5 days of this week including today! So this book should be finished on Thursday. This is just a short story and I hope you guys enjoy it!

-----

Maya Pov.

"Maya!" My step mother shouted cause me to jump up a little.

"Yes step mother?" I said while putting back the squishy yellow sponge into the bucket.

"I need you to clean my room after your finished cleaning your brother and sister rooms."

"Mama please can I have a break please. I just finished cleaning the kitchen." I begged.

"Yuck! Is she begging again mother?" Said my sister Missy walking into the room.

"It's a disgrace that's she's even apart of this family." Said my mother then laughing with my sister.

"I miss Papa." I said under my breath while pouting.

"Oh please his life insurance was the best thing that ever happened to me! Now we live in this huge mansion and even have a maid."

"I knew you never loved papa!" I snapped at her and stood up.

She became angry and pushed me down on the floor causing the bucket of soapy water to fall over. "Your right I never loved your father and neither did I love you. Now clean up this mess!"

She stomped out of the room and my sister let out a small laugh then left too.

I sighed and a tear slipped down my cheek. Papa I hope one day I'll see you again . ..... one day.

I looked and saw all of the bubbles from the water all over the floor. How am I going to clean this up?

As I was wiping up the split water my brother came in. "Hello Lucas." I greeted him.

"Hello Maya cleaning up a mess again I see. What happened?"

"The bucket of water split so I have to clean it up now."

He laughed under his breath. "Oh my silly little sister. Your so clumsy no wonder why you can't finish your work in time."

"It probably would help if I didn't have to do your laundry all the time." I said and wrung out the sponge in the bucket.

"How dare do you insult me! You know what? You have to clean my bathroom until it's sparkling!"

"Don't I do that every day?" I asked feeling slightly annoyed.

"Well if I am not impressed I'll tell mom."

"She's not my mom!" I shouted. The sound of my voice filled the room and I could tell he was startled by my sudden outburst.

"Your sleeping in the basement tonight!" He screamed then stomped out of room.

Why does this have to be me? Why couldn't papa be happy. I wish he knew that he didn't need to have a woman to make him feel relevant.

There's so much things I have to do now and now I have to sleep in the cold basement tonight. The only thing there to keep me warm is a small fireplace.

This day is just like every other.