Challenge 27 - Winter Ashes

For January, we'd like you to explore Nuclear Winter! With a focus on Military Sci-Fi and/or Time & Eternity (twisted time fiction), write a story about nuclear winter in your home country! And this doesn't have to be restricted to Earth – the universe is your galactic oyster!

Stories need to be written in English. Word count maximum is 1500 words, and will be judged! Again, the story you put together has to be a mix of Military Sci-Fi and/or Time & Eternity Sci-Fi, and should be PG13 (not mature) rated. The challenge starts now, Friday 8th January, and you have until the end of Friday 22nd January to complete your entry.

Please tag your story with #SciFriday and place links in the comments box. We hope you all continue to support one another over the New Year!

Millitary Sci-Fi is a sub-genre! Examples include Battlestar Galactica, Avatar, and Starship Troopers!

Time & Eternity is sub-genre as well! It explores stories where time is flipped and tossed around! Warped and generally messed with! Examples: Star Trek (by Roddenberry), The Time Machine (by H.G Wells), Interstellar (by Nolan), Quantum Leap (by Bellasario) and Back To The Future (by Zemeckis)!